Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2004 Free agent list

I would love to see either of my teams pick up Barnaby, he seems to be one of the best overall free agents with price a factor. Hope either of my teams don't pick up Kovalev. Knuble is a good pick up, as is Murray. Primeau's value went up tremendously after the playoffs. I read on Spectors the other day that Bure might come back and play for the Panthers...thought that was interesting. Seems like there could be some big signings this year.

Bure's agent said he hasn't been on skates, not likely. It will be interesting to see if teams sign anyone before the CBA negotiations are over.

Barney would fit well on just about any team. Putting him with Bell, Calder, Arnason, Ruutu, etc would be nice but a little small.

To add, I think Rusinsky's home is in NY (where he always produces), unless he returns to Europe.

I wonder if the Lindros saga is finally over?

He will play next year, it will just be a contact loaded with incentives. No idea where though.

Bure's agent said he hasn't been on skates, not likely. It will be interesting to see if teams sign anyone before the CBA negotiations are over.

Couldn't that be used as almost a bargaining tool by owners to sign people for less? You know say that there might not even be a season next year, but if there is, you'll have a place to play for sure as opposed to the other guys who don't sign early and will want more money? I heard it said somewhere else, and it made a hell of a lot more sense that what I just wrote, but I think you can get the basic idea....

I know what you mean, "take this now or you might not get anything". I can see that happening a bit for the low end free agents, but I can't see the top UFA guys buying into that. The lower guys on the list won't be missing out on too much but guys like Murray can't pass up too many millions.

Looks as though Nedved may be returning to Edmonton. Apparently he really enjoyed it here and would be looking for around $3.5 million per year, which Kevin Lowe would likely be willing to pay him. I'm pretty sure most Oilers fans want him back with the way he played for us. I am a little weary of how he will play when he is here for 82 games, MacT does seem to get the best out of slackers though (Anson Carter).

I'm hearing Toronto wants Klee, Roberts and Newy back off of that list, what Strachan said scared me a bit, then I remember he's a liar. Thats also where you heard about the Bure thing Kosy, or at least they mentioned it there as well. Both him (Pavel) and Valeri want to play in Florida.

I'd think that the Leafs would at least send a qualifying offer to Fitzy. The guy is solid, and can be had for cheap. As much as I like Roberts, I'd like to see him go, unless he comes back in a less significant role being paid half as much. His 48 points just don't seem like enough for a first liner when you're playing with Mats Sundin. Plus, this would allow Nolan to finally get his first line time. Roberts back in a 2nd line role would be good, but I don't think Quinn would go for that. Hes getting old, and Toronto has shown that they can't win with old age, so why not try youth?

I hope the Blues make a good push and get some solid players. I would really like to see them mix things up this off season because as it is now the team is getting no where.

I hope the Blues make a good push and get some solid players. I would really like to see them mix things up this off season because as it is now the team is getting no where.

A lot of teams should do this. With a salary cap almost a sure thing, and seeing a team of youth win a Stanley Cup, the demand for overpriced, older players has gone to hell.

The Blues are in trouble because of Tkachuk, Weight and Pronger's expected salary. Add to that Demitra's raise and they could easily be worse than this year. Unless Hull and Shanny are willing to sign for peanuts to play together and Detroit doesn't want them, St Louis could have some depth problems.

Hulls as good as done in Detroit. Everyone in Detroit knows that Hull had numerous run ins with Lewis this year, and it looks like Holland chose Lewis over Brett. I think Shanny will be back, he likes it too much in Detroit. He knows his game has gone to hell and I'd be shocked if he didn't accept a major pay cut. I think he owes it to Detroit, they gave him a hell of a contract a few years ago.

The playoffs showed they need guys like Shanny to stick around, as the kids didn't seem ready to produce in the playoffs.

I'm thinking there will be a high Tax and thats what I'm hoping for.

Kosy- I agree with the Roberts comment. I'd like to see him back, but in a less significant role. It's always seemed like Toronto's had a few great players and then too many "good players" who seem to have difficulties scoring. If they don't get Roberts and Newy back, I'd like to see'em tear it down and start over from scratch. If they do come back, give'em another year then tear it down.

Any idea how much of a raise he got? Didn't expect him to go anywhere, but when he became the best player in the playoffs, his value definitely shot up.

K found it, he gets $4.5 million for the first two years and $4 million for the last two years, $17 million total. He actually got a paycut. Damn thats good negotiating.