Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcg

Curing Nausea?

For the past couple weeks I've been very nauseous on the ice -- twice to the point of dry heaving.

It isn't from over-exertion or nervousness, but rather a side effect from a medicine I started taking this month. Unfortunately stopping the medicine isn't an option.

Has anyone ever taken anything to calm their stomach down?

Cheap and easy solution is motion sickness pills. One of the guys I play with is on some meds that he needs to take. He swears that its a night and day difference when he takes the pills.

If he doesn't take them, he litterally pukes on the bench EVER practice and game.

The same thing happend to me except for soccer. Ive been playing sweeper for my highschool team and as any of you know thats a very high pressure position and before the game I started to sweat really bad and my vision got funny and I got a real sick feeling in my stomach. It only happens to me before we play big games I have no clue what do to about it either.

For the past couple weeks I've been very nauseous on the ice -- twice to the point of dry heaving.

It isn't from over-exertion or nervousness, but rather a side effect from a medicine I started taking this month. Unfortunately stopping the medicine isn't an option.

check with your Doctor, perhaps there is an alternate medicine that he can give you that doesn't have the nausea side effect. I would be carefull taking anything without consulting the Doc because of interfearence or counteractions that might occur (like antibiotics and birth control).

check with your Doctor, perhaps there is an alternate medicine that he can give you that doesn't have the nausea side effect. I would be carefull taking anything without consulting the Doc because of interfearence or counteractions that might occur (like antibiotics and birth control).

That's the best advice you're going to get.

Mythbusters had a show on curing sea sickness. Ginger pills were it!

That's the best advice you're going to get.

second that, dude check with the doc if you need to take meds better safe then sorry

Remedy Testing

Homoepathic tongue tingler. They used a unnamed spray that you squirt under the tongue as often as needed. Grant was sick within 10 minutes and vomited some small chunks. Adam was sick within 4 minutes.

Wrist straps:They wore little gray wristbands that are 'Barry Manilow's choice.' Adam was sick within 90 seconds. Grant got sick as well. They've gotten pretty quick with bringing a bucket to Grant.

*Ginger pills: It worked! Adam and Grant were both fine.

Small shocks on the P6 Accupunture point (on the wrist): Both Adam and Grant got sick.

Placebo: They told Grant and Adam they were getting an over-the-counter pharmaceutical remedy, but they actually gave them vitamins. Adam's reponse: "I hate this [bleeping] chair" after three and a half minutes. Grant: "This is among the most effective, if not the most effective."

Over-the-counter pharmaceutical drug: Worked on Adam and Grant, but it made them both a little loopy.

Only thing that worked without any side effects was the ginger pill.

Ginger pills: plausible

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2005/11/episode...ss_cures_f.html

The same thing happend to me except for soccer. Ive been playing sweeper for my highschool team and as any of you know thats a very high pressure position and before the game I started to sweat really bad and my vision got funny and I got a real sick feeling in my stomach. It only happens to me before we play big games I have no clue what do to about it either.

That exact same thing happened to the sweeper on m school team.