Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Webster

Low wearing wheels

hi,

I got some redstar sniper wheels (the green ones) and after 4 one hour scrimmaging sessions (indoor) they have worn down so much they have turned square, the guys i play with say that they'd never seen wheels wear down so quickly, so im on a quest to find some new wheels which will last,and are pretty hard as i weigh about 220 lb,

can someone recommend anything?

Thanks

Rink rats... rink rats for everything. don't look at anything else just get rink rats. if someone tells you to try something don't listen just get rink rats. someone tells you to buy a cheap set on ebay just ignore then and get rink rats. rink rats... rink rats... rink rats.... :lol:

Ive had wheels wear rediculous amount before, Unusable after a few skates.

I had the same red star snipers.....

I little tip, they suck! theres a reason theyre so cheap!

I will always use rink rats where i can! Im in revision atm as my LHS didnt have any rink rats in a 76mm.

I'm 250 lbs, using rink rat MB816s on sportcourt and after 3 months of skating twice a week, the original bead is still on the wheels. I'm in love with them.

hi,

I got some redstar sniper wheels (the green ones) and after 4 one hour scrimmaging sessions (indoor) they have worn down so much they have turned square, the guys i play with say that they'd never seen wheels wear down so quickly, so im on a quest to find some new wheels which will last,and are pretty hard as i weigh about 220 lb,

Thanks

What surface? I skated once on icecourt with those wheels and they already started getting wear lines and shit. last time i ever used em

hi,

Thanks

What surface? I skated once on icecourt with those wheels and they already started getting wear lines and shit. last time i ever used em

gym hall and icecourt

You should try either Rinkrat hornets 80a or even try the Rinkrat World Cup wheels 84a! With Rinkrat wheels remember that they ride heaps softer because of the soft inner core, so a 84a feels much softer and won't wear much indoors.

hi,

Thanks

gym hall and icecourt

I would say 78A or 80A RR's. They are the best for your weight

I would try 78A-80A-80A-78A

I agree Rink Rat hornets are the best wheels, i recently switched from labeda millenium grippers which are also good, but i can tell a world of a difference in the Rink Rats. After about 5 skates the wheels still look brand new and grip great. I am about 180 and use the 76A.

i use the genesis wheels (72-73a) for indoor & rink rat 84a's for outdoor. i'm like 140lbs. i dunno if thats the best for my weight, but thats what i use. i was using 76a for indoor, i like the 72's much better. for outdoor, i'll probably try something else at some point.

Sicklife, my buddy's been using a set of Genesis for indoor for about as long as I've had my RRs, and they're already beginning to crack. He weights about 160.

I use 76-77a for outdoor (asphalt)

I just can't stand super hard wheels for outdoor, and I get wheels cheap whenever I can. (I actually picked up a few sets of 74a on ebay, and that's what I'm currently using) The wear on them actually isn't too bad, and as long as I rotate them regularly they last me a good 10-12 skates.

I've been thinking about trying the RR World cups that Sicklife is talking about. How do you like them? Anyone else using these?

hi,

Thanks

My daughter is 115lbs and she wore down some green redstars after about 8 skates. On only sport court mind you. Very dissappointed in them, good thing they were only $2.00 each, you get what you pay for.

I too am a big fan of RR Hornet's, for myself at 180lbs, and my 13 yr old daughter at 115lbs. They wear the best, except for the obvious bad run they had for a period of time.

I have also used Red Star Wheels. I am not a fan at all. They seem to wear awfully and arent all that great performance wise IMO. I would like to also recommend Rink Rat Wheels. I am in love with both sets on mine, Hot Shots for indoors, World Cup for outdoors.