Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBX2006

Crosby Commercial Move

I have been trying to do the move that Crosby does at the end of the new Reebok commercial. The commercial is posted on this site somewhere. It is the move where he skates toward the net scoops the puck onto the end of his stick and spins throwing the puck into the net. The only part I can't do is scoop the puck. Do force the toe of your blade onto the edge of the puck or what, I have no idea. If anyone knows how to do it please let me know.

The player from michigan that scored that crazy goal from behind the net also did it, to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Try this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiopJsiUZOs...related&search=

First off it is really helpful for your blade to be taped with some kind of grippy tape. You place the puck flat on the ground. Now for the hard part. This depends on what kinda a curve you have. Place you stick on the puck flat, so the end of the stick is pretty much inline with the end of the puck. Then apply pressure downwards on your stick, this is a fine touch. The puck you rise at one end to match the curve of your stick. From their using your wrists you scoop the puck up. This took be about 1 hour to learn using an ice hockey puck. Since I play inline I had to the learn to do it with a inline hockey puck, this is much harder. Just try to the michigan move first, the Rob hisey move is alot harder.

Goodluck

P.S. What the video link carefully and try and mimic him.

First off it is really helpful for your blade to be taped with some kind of grippy tape. You place the puck flat on the ground. Now for the hard part. This depends on what kinda a curve you have. Place you stick on the puck flat, so the end of the stick is pretty much inline with the end of the puck. Then apply pressure downwards on your stick, this is a fine touch. The puck you rise at one end to match the curve of your stick. From their using your wrists you scoop the puck up. This took be about 1 hour to learn using an ice hockey puck. Since I play inline I had to the learn to do it with a inline hockey puck, this is much harder. Just try to the michigan move first, the Rob hisey move is alot harder.

Goodluck

i sure hope that wasn't you on the video. if the guy were to miss the net he woul have taken out one of his cars headlights, or the windshield :D

put as much flex as possible on your stick when you do it to. also you dont want to just push down than turn your wrists up, no need to a toe drag motion while turning your wrists upwards. Hope that helps.

Way easy on cement? :huh:

I've done it in warmups once before (the 360 between the legs one). Otherwise, I can do the regular old Michigan shown in the video by Quintin easily. I've done it in warmups many many times and have scored. Afraid to try it in a game though.

Goodluck

Thats totally differnt on cement with a light puck, all he does is flip the puck over with his toe. Which is not easily done on ice.

funny story, this hot shot actualy tried it on me in a game from behind the net last night, as if he had read this thread...

As soon as I saw him motion down, I put him on his butt, funny it's like I could see it coming :lol:

after you get the picking it up down, try the inbetween the legs 360 one B) i do that regularly during warm-ups, and the first time my coach saw he told me if I ever try that in a game the only ice I would be seeing would be in my freezer lol

Cute move to show off, or for warm up, but if you pull that crap in a game, I think you deserve the ass beating that you will certainly receive.

"Ice in the freezer..." I like that!

To me it's a simple matter, is it a goal? if it is, I don't care if you bounce it off your head and in....

People who call it hot-dogging can't do it most of the time... Me I can't do it but it's a skill and I'm a real believer in skill, so I say if you can do it, it's great, do it and don't worry about what people say, it's a goal, same as the between the legs shot, at the end of the day, it's a goal, pure and simple...

Like I said, if it is to show off, fooling around, skills competition, etc...cool. But generally when someone tries this move (or something similar) in a game, their team already has a big league and I just think it lacks class. Unsportsmanlike... As in, not only are we going to run up the score, but I am going to pull stunts like this in the process of rubbing it in your face.

That would be like a basketball player doing some sick dunk with a minute left in the game when they are up 30 points. Or putting Barry Bonds in a baseball game to pinch hit in the 9th inning when you already have a 6 run lead. Or going for a 2 point conversion in football with 30 seconds left on the clock and you are up by 16 points.

I guess I am just not a fan of running up the score, simply because you can. And moves like this are symbolic of not only the fact that you can score easily, but you can dick around while doing it. <_<