Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

Rink Rat's lack of quality.

After having a wheel completely come off of the hub today, I feel the need to share my frustration with Rink Rats total lack of quality. Over the last 2-3 weeks I have now had 4 wheels either chunck in half, or like today, come off of the hub. I have had it with this company. Not once has a Labeda wheel done something like this.

shittyrinkratoq2.th.jpg

Maybe it's just bad luck? I've had 2 sets of hornets and and have now been using the mb816's for the last month and have never had one chunk on me. Even my gold hornets (80a) which eventually had the hairline splits down em never really stopped performing.

That was one of the defects in last year's Hornet. I've stuck with the Hot Shot, so I've never had problems. This year's hornet fixes the problem by putting the hub into the urethane. You got the bad batch, but I assure you, the new version or any other model has no problems whatsoever.

Yes, I guess you got the bad batch. I think there were some threads and posts about that specific model. I stay away from the Hornet because of the price, but I guess something that fancy isn't for me anyways, so I got lucky.

Oh crap, I just bought those exact wheels for my sprung chassis. I've skated on them twice and they've felt solid so far. How many times a week were you playing on these? No chance these are just too soft for you?

I've got MB816s, and I'm starting to notice the hubs cracking on me. I'm going to keep an eye on them and hopefully they won't get any worse. Regardless, the performance is great, and I never thought I'd be willing to pay $10 for a wheel. these proved me wrong.

wow that does look bad. i've never had a hub break on me like but if one ever did i would raise hell as well. something like that could break your ankle when your turning.

i just got MB816 myself because of that epuck deal. i don't see anything wrong with the hub so far but i've only been using them for 2 games and see cracks on the wheel itself already. i just wish they didn't discontinue the blue flames.

I was using a set of MB816s and the front wheel hub cracked after the 2nd game. I didn't notice it while I was playing but when I was rotating the wheels the bearings just fell out. Rink rat was supposed to send me a replacement set but they never showed up so I ended up using some old hornets for the rest of the year.

I was using a set of MB816s and the front wheel hub cracked after the 2nd game. I didn't notice it while I was playing but when I was rotating the wheels the bearings just fell out. Rink rat was supposed to send me a replacement set but they never showed up so I ended up using some old hornets for the rest of the year.

Same thing has happened to me with the front wheel hubs cracking.....as well as a few others.

They were supposed to send me out replacements but it never happened.

I just replaced the front wheel with some old hornets and everything seems to be working fine now.

I just lost some hotshots in my 1st game 20 minutes in. Wheel sorta of exploded. Noticed those little bubbles right from the get go. Interested to see if Mike emails me back and follows through with my wheel replacements.

I am not ready to give up on RR yet, but will pay close attention how this situation is resolved

bay105yr6.jpg

Hey,

The wheels above were last years wheels which had some bond issues. Problem has been corrected. Send an email to sales@rinkrat.com and we will replace them for you!

Saba,

Do the same!

You guys know how we handle the problems, just contact us and we will fix the problem!

If you have been waiting for replacements and it has been awhile please send a reminder email to me! As most of you know I have been out office for the past 10 weeks at various events.

Sorry for the delay boys!

Mike

hehatemefrisbee---I had that problem too, but then I just got some rink rats that were the right softness. That helped the problem alot. I was using like really soft wheels, meant for somebody 50 lbs lighter then me.

I had a problem with the Blue Flames and the low durometer MB816s and Dan Reilly at Rink Rat responded right away and I had a new set of wheels the same week. I was also using wheels that were too soft for my weight so that was certainly a factor in any problems I had. With the new harder durometer MB816s I haven't had any problems at all. Rink Rats customer service was outstanding when it came to dealing with my issues and they do make quality products that they stand behind. All companies have issues with products from time to time, but Rink Rat does deal with the issues and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy Rink Rat products or recommend them to friends.