Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Who ya got?

Regardless of nominations, who should win the awards tonight.

Adams(coach)

Barry Trotz, got the preds in the playoffs

Vezina (goal)

Luongo, played his ass off

Calder (rookie)

Raycroft, though Bergeron will be better.

Norris (defenseman)

Pronger, hell of a season on a bad defensive team. The other guys had a lot more help.

Hart (MVP)

Luongo, best player on his team by far and had the best year of any player.

Selke (defensive forward)

Draper, he deserved it in the past and will get it this year.

Adams- Sutter, but Trotz did do a good job as well. If LA would have made the playoffs, it'd be Murray.

Vezina- Luongo- Great numbers on a crap team.

Calder- Raycroft- Like Luongo, but a better supporting cast.

Norris- Chara- He was just too solid all around this year.

Hart- Iginla- Without a doubt the most valuable to his team. Carried his team into the playoffs, and led them to the finals singlehandedly (even though that doesnt' count.)

Selke- Draper- Finally his time to get recognized. Deserves this award based on this year, plus past accomplishments more than anyone else nominated for any award.

Lady Bing- Richards- Kept his cool at all times, plus played like a stud at the same time.

Masterson- Andreychuk- would cap off his perfect season.

Martin St. Louis, he is a good guy too. Even after all the stuff that went down in the Stanley Cup Finals, he can still talk real nice about Jerome Iginla to a crowd. The reason I bring this up is because weren't Jerome Iginla and Martin St. Louis mouthing at each other a lot through the finals?

I think that Marty Brodeur won because he is Marty Brodeur. No doubt in my mind that Luongo deserved the Vezina. Speaking of hockey wives....seems like theres a whole lot of wife for Niedermeyer to love, if you know what I mean.

The only award that I didnt agree with was the vezina, no way brodeur should have won over Luongo.

Marty should have been about fourth in Vezina voting. It's a make up for all the years when goalies had better years and he's been plugging along putting up good career numbers. Just shows hockey writers don't know as much as they should.

"OK well Russell Crowe is Mike Riberio, but hes not as good as Alexei Kovalev." Kovy_Ribs, are you holding up okay?

That's fine Kosy, no problem with some jokes. We got all our favorite players. I don't hope for you that Kovy sign with the Leafs thought, isn't the Leafs your favorite team? But I would like to see a line with Kovy and Mogo. Maybe some nightmare for Don Cherry if that happen.

Haha Kovy, I actually empathize with you, I get a lot of crap for my fav. too. Kovy as a Leaf? I could do without. Expensive vets who are past their prime is not the direction the Leafs need to go in. Kovy and Mogo would have been killer together....five years ago.

Adams(coach)

Andy Murray.... ahh close enough to the playoffs with an AHL roster

Vezina (goal)

Luongo, Do I really need to explain?

Calder (rookie)

Raycroft, How I miss the days of Teemu Selanne shooting his gloves down

Norris (defenseman)

McCabe - I am overly Biased and I don't care

Hart (MVP)

Nobody stands out, I'm thinking maybe Thornton because we saw how crappy they could be without him in the playoffs.

Selke (defensive forward)

Draper, why does this award always have to goto a guy who puts up good O numbers?

Draper has gotten screwed over on the Selke for the past few years, and it was his offensive numbers this year that got him recognized.

Ya, I understand it's a plus because not only are they shutting down others top lines, but scoring as well. However I always liked the original "checker" who only had one job to do. The Billy Berg and Peter Zezel's of the world. I am happy for Draper, I do actually like him, McCauley frustrates me, seeing how great defensively he was for years in TO (Especially considering his age) and then to see him get recognized once he leaves because why? He scored? I thought that wasn't the point of the award.

Figure I'll do the first team and rookie teams, just because making lists on here is fun.

First all-star team

• Sakic
  • St Louis
  • Naslund
  • Chara
  • Niedermayer
  • Brodeur

Rookie all-star team

• Ryder
  • Malone
  • Hunter
  • Pitkanen
  • Liles
  • Raycroft

Surprised Sundin made the list, he may be the NHLs best player, but having Quinn roll 4 lines doesn't help him or the fact he's always got one deadbeat winger. Normally because his points aren't top 5 he gets overlooked for stuff like this. I really like that team though, Kovalchuk is so much fun to watch and so exciting. Ahhh I hate awards night, they always get me so riled up.