Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Carter Finally Signs

I'm ifffy...was hoping for Bondra. Think it was last week that the CBJ and McLean said they haven't spoken to him as a possible candidate. Plus, with the signing of Gagne and Lupul, hoped Z would realized he wasn't gonna get paid what he wanted.

Think this mean they're trading away Zherdev? If so what's the word on where he's going?

I think this means that they are planning on Zherdev playing in Russia this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he spends the entire season in Russia.

Amazing how they are pennie pinching this kid. I think he just wants around 2 million or something like that

He hasn't done anything to deserve more than what they offered him. Considering everything they've done for him, I can understand why they're so pissed.

Oops, my bad. 3 million a year?

I realize they pretty much got Fedorov for him and such...But regardless, there are times when you open the wallet and in his 2nd and 3rd year, 3 million a year will be a fine deal.

First I heard zherdev wanted the same kind of money Carter signed for and if you look at it like that, who would one obviously pick for comparable amounts? The up and coming star who is home grown

You generally don't get paid for potential in the NHL, you get paid for proven results. Paying for potential is an easy way to screw yourself in a hard cap environment.

Oops, my bad. 3 million a year?

I realize they pretty much got Fedorov for him and such...But regardless, there are times when you open the wallet and in his 2nd and 3rd year, 3 million a year will be a fine deal.

First I heard zherdev wanted the same kind of money Carter signed for and if you look at it like that, who would one obviously pick for comparable amounts? The up and coming star who is home grown

Don't forget the 600k+ they paid to get him out of russia the first time. He (Z) still has alot to prove.

You generally don't get paid for potential in the NHL, you get paid for proven results. Paying for potential is an easy way to screw yourself in a hard cap environment.

It looks to be happening more and more with the DiPietro and Kesler signings this week.

With the word of Carter's signing, GMDM also stated that the contract he was offering was along the lines of what Lupul, Horton got. But Zherdev, and his stupid agent wants Nash, Bergeron type money. Zherdev is good, but he hasn't shown he can be the cornerstone of the franchise, much less learn more than 3 words of English among other things.

Great gamble for my fantasy team. When he plays a north-south game and doesn't try to toe drag every person in the building he is an amazing hockey player.