Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

New skates

Ok i am going to get a pair of vector 7.0 skates. I want to know if people were happy with any of the vector skates and what are some of the advanteges and disavanteges. they guy helping me said he had the ccm holder but didnt like them swiched to tuuk holders should i do that too.

When it comes to holders it's all about personal preference. Try them out before you change anything. You might find that they work for you. Personally, I like the Eblade holders very much.

I don't mind the prolites they don't seem too bad but they dont compare to the tuuk customs or the lightspeeds. Anyway the vectors are good skates. I have some friends that have them a here nothing but good things about them

I forgot to mention that I'd love to try out the S500s, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

If you war 11EE stop by and you can try them anytime. :P

I don't mind the prolites they don't seem too bad but they dont compare to the tuuk customs or the lightspeeds. Anyway the vectors are good skates. I have some friends that have them a here nothing but good things about them

Lightspeeds seem like a nightmare to me. Several guys on my team have Vapor XX's with lightspeed holders and the blades break all the time. Most have changed the holders or switched to solid steel. Honestly, I wouldn't use Lightspeed's unless I absolutely had to...weakest steel I've ever seen.

No, the LS was finally fixed.

I hate it for another reason - the old ones with the grooves in the holder never lined up well on a skate holder while sharpening and it was hit or miss trying to find squareness using a Maximum Edge quick square. The new ones with the flush holder are better. The steel is different as well.

I bought the V-Pro's last week. The boot is very comfy and I am happy with it from a protection standpoint as well. (a few missiles off the ankles and no prob's)

I am however still getting used to the blades. I think this design as compared to a standard Tuuk is a bit longer as I have had to make some adjustments in my stride. I have also noticed that they don't hold an edge as well as I needed to get them re-sharpened after 3 skates.

I bought the V-Pro's last week. The boot is very comfy and I am happy with it from a protection standpoint as well. (a few missiles off the ankles and no prob's)

I am however still getting used to the blades. I think this design as compared to a standard Tuuk is a bit longer as I have had to make some adjustments in my stride. I have also noticed that they don't hold an edge as well as I needed to get them re-sharpened after 3 skates.

I would tell you to put some T-blades on but what were you skatin with before you got your pro's ?