Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzza_77

Grip on sticks

I'm thinking the problem with the grip on the sticks is that youth players won't develop good grip stregnth using the grip all thier life, so thier stick skills aren't as good by the time they reach junior I bet.

The grip will be a crutch and they won't be able to develop stick skills properly if they always use a super light tacky gripped stick. I know my kid will learn to hold onto his stick when he uses a wood.

Grip isn't a crutch. If anything it teaches kids not to choke their sticks.

good call. I still think that it needs to be learned that you need to "choke" the stick to shoot though.

I'm thinking the problem with the grip on the sticks is that youth players won't develop good grip stregnth using the grip all thier life, so thier stick skills aren't as good by the time they reach junior I bet.

The grip will be a crutch and they won't be able to develop stick skills properly if they always use a super light tacky gripped stick. I know my kid will learn to hold onto his stick when he uses a wood.

Grip isn't a crutch. If anything it teaches kids not to choke their sticks.

good call. I still think that it needs to be learned that you need to "choke" the stick to shoot though.

Grip or no grip, you still have to tighten your hands to shoot. It has no effect whatsoever on shooting.

I don't like the grip because it slows down the telescoping of my lower hand. Although it might be minimal in the moment if feels like it's slowing me down a LOT.