Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockey_18

Vector vs Synergy

I am looking to buy a new stick but i can't decide whether to get the vector 110 or synergy.any suggestions?...i want a more accurate wrist/slapshot and better stickhandling

Thanks

A Synergy or Vector or any stick wont give you "better" shots and stickhandling, it just doesnt work that way, and why are you even considering OPS for roller? The court will just eat up the blade but if you insist on getting one of the two then I would recommend the Vector, I just like it better, they are both almost idential, the technology is bascily the same, but the real secret to better stickhandling is practising, and for a better shot its also practise but picking a lie that is right for you will completely change your shot and improve it drastically since the blade is contacting the puck more effectivly. If you wanted to get one, go for Vector but if I were you, I would get a tank shaft like the UL, Rubber,Tricore and a good abs blade like the CCM V60, the tank shafts will save you a fortune and the V60s are just amazing and they wear out way better then any compostie on roller courts, oh well thats just me.

Edit: Opps I thought you were talking about the Vector 120 (the blue one), if its the 110 you are talking about, if I am not mistaken thats a price point stick, which has cheaper materials, so I would change my discesion to the Synergy since it is not meant to be price point.

Definatly the vector. :D I have both of those sticks ,a vector v115 and a synergy si-core and the vector is by far my favorite. And another reason you should get the vector is it has a better blade for roller, it barly weres out...And the vector also has a perfect 18" taper which will help your accuracy..So if i were you i would get the vector. :D

Oh sorry my bad, I thought 110 was the brown one, if 18 is looking at both Synergy or 110 I would definitly get the Vector, the 18 inch taper wont add accuracy but the 110 just feels different.

I currently am using a Zbubble and its way to flexible it feels like im playing with a noodle :P .....

So,you guys really think the vector would be a better investment than the synergy?

If your playing indoor roller then it won't mess up your blade, matter of fact, I think my blades hold up better in roller than on the ice. I personally would take the Synergy over a Vector, I have only used a Vector blade and it was fine for shooting but I didn't like the feel. But the Synergies and Z-Carbons I use for Roller are great for shooting and have good feel.

if its a tiled surface, it will be fine for composite sticks. Vectors seem to last longer than synergy's, but i prefer the synergy over the vector. The blade on the vector is alot different than that of the synergy. Its an ABS core making it more durable, but has less feel IMO.

Yeah it is tiled...if i do get the synergy what curve would be good for a slapshot ,good puck control and wrist shots?

same thing as the stick, personal prefrence. It's whatever you feel most comfortable.

Yeah it is tiled...if i do get the synergy what curve would be good for a slapshot ,good puck control and wrist shots?

I'd go with a modano. If you're looking for something to put a shot top shelf every time, go with a lidstrom.

Ducktape really works? When i play roller, i tape my sticks the same as i do when i play ice. 1strip along the bottom of the blade, and then heel-to-toe tape. Then some skateboard(the stuff they use when they grind rails/curbs/etc.) wax. It even works on composites outdoors.

There is no curve that would be generally good its your follow through and how YOU shoot not the curve. If you wanted better shots you should find a stick that works with you not for you, in order to find the best curve for you, you must determine the lie you play with, with the correct lie you can expect your best shots since the blade will make proper contact with the puck and more of the blade will be put onto the ground when you are in your ready postion and how can you expect a curve to help you with puck control? its all in the player not a curve, a good puck control curve would proablly be a deeper curve since its more of a hook but then your back hand is demeanished and a good slapshot curve tends to be more heel since you have more blade face with a heel curve and heels are not that good for puck control and for wrist shots you tend to need more of an open face to get it up and fast so there is no one curve that does it all, determine your strengths and weakness and judge what curve will benefit you most, lets say if you play D and you get a lot of point shots then you should focus on curves that bring out your slapshot instead of getting a big hook curve that may help you control the puck better, so bascilly : no one here or anywhere can tell you whats a good.................. you have to expierment and pick things that work best with you.

I am looking to buy a new stick but i can't decide whether to get the vector 110 or synergy.any suggestions?...i want a more accurate wrist/slapshot and better stickhandling

Thanks

I only play roller hockey outside. But when I do I use a Vector. The stick is too small and the blade is chipped, so I can't use it in ice hockey any more. It works great and hasn't broken in a almost a year (More than a chip it hasn't). It has a Kaberle curve, so it can shoot a little high. I do have good acuracy and speed with it. The only bad thing about it is that it can be hard stick handling balls with it. That might be because of the chiped bade (when I got it it was a square to and now it is a round tow), or because of the deep heel curve. I can still do moves with it though, you just cant contsantly go in and out of people. Overall it is a great stick.

I posted on the Synergy's which my son has used for a couple of years..with lot's of failures. However during that period he did use two Vector's and for him the feel of the Vectors was too "dead" on the blade..reinforced by the loud "clack" you heard when reciving a pass..with normal toe-heel horizontal taping(normal for him).

On the other hand..he used the Vectors for 3 months and never broke one....I was hoping he would like them a whole lot more :D . However it seemed that for what he was looking for in terms of "feel", the Synergy OPS blades do have a definite edge over the Vectors (120's).

wolves the stick has nothing to do with how easy it is to go in and out of people.

Hey, I was just saying that it isnt easy. I can do it with other sticks. Maybe its because I dont play roller hockey.

I had both a syn and a vector, i felt with the synergy I handled the puck better but with the vector the puck seems to come of the blade with more velocity. Overall though I liked the syn