Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riggo

Moving From Intermediate to Senior Stick

My son (5' 9", 140 lbs.) needs to move from an Intermediate Stick to a Senior Stick, but likes a lot of flex. What senior models offer the most flex?

Thank you.

he likes a lot of flex as in a whippy stick

or

he likes a stick that is very stiff?

the whippiest Sr flex is the 77 in a Bauer and a 75 to soon be in an Easton

the stiffest Sr flex is a 100 in any brand, used to be 110 in Easton but they stopped makin them

Right now, I would think that TPS' whip flex and Nike/Bauer's 77 Flex would work for him. Warriors also have a 75 flex, but they are a little stiffer than Bauer's or TPS's counterparts. TPS's shafts also "break in" and get whippier over time.

Have him take a look at the senior tps whip flex.. VERY whippy. By the time it breaks in, it is about the same feel as a stiff intermediate.

Another vote for TPS whip flex.

Your son is about my build and a cut off Whip Flex served me well for a while. I have since gained some strength and have moved up to stiffer sticks.

Chalk up anoter vote for a TPS whip flex..I went from 87 Bauer and 85 Easton to a TPS whip and after using this shaft for awhlie it feels extremely whippy..

I'm interested in tryin a 75 flex warrior, found some warrior stuff online for cheap but did the right thing and talked myself out of buying another shaft when I've got a perfectly good and semi new one plus an OPS backup..

My gear whoreness is going away.. :(

Chalk up anoter vote for a TPS whip flex..I went from 87 Bauer and 85 Easton to a TPS whip and after using this shaft for awhlie it feels extremely whippy..

I'm interested in tryin a 75 flex warrior, found some warrior stuff online for cheap but did the right thing and talked myself out of buying another shaft when I've got a perfectly good and semi new one plus an OPS backup..

My gear whoreness is going away.. :(

I thought the 75 warrior dolomite felt a little stiff for 75.

I was expecting a flex more like the old soft flex 1100's (I thought they were essentially the same shaft).

Cyclone are like 70 flex or something right? And NikeBauer make 77 flex in most composites

Cyclones come in 70 flex (or 95) but have a thinner, rounded shaft shape, which many people don't like. Coming from an intermediate, the shaft shape may work for him.

Another thing you might want to consider is that your son wants to "graduate" to senior sticks. Switching to a senior means he should be at the point where his intermediate isn't giving enough power in his shot. A lower flex senior is about the same stiffness as a high stiff intermediate in most cases. I would be sure to remind him that it IS going to be a change and even a whippier flex will still seem stiff to him. He just has to get used to it (and he will).

BK - it is the length and width too. At 5'6" my daughter only has another inch or two before she'd have to move up (woodies so no end plug option).

Now in her case, the wider shaft of a senior stick will likely be problematic given her delicate hands.... LOL ... but some guys might have bigger hands and the wider shaft might "feel" better.