Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Pro stock mission blades

Just got an email from HockeyMonkey saying "Thank you for your order with HockeyMonkey.com. Please call customer service regarding your order."

Could this mean they were sold out with what I ordered? I'm off to work now so I can't give them a call right now

Thats probably what it is yeah

I still have to call them back from over a week ago now. The first two times I tried I was on hold for 8 minutes each time before I was cut off

Just put in my order of tapered blades:

2x Modano composites

2x Sundstrom woodies

1x Pro 48 woodie

1x Beaverson woodie

Came out to just over $60 for 6 blades - love it. First time in years buying player sticks, and the first time ever going composite. Hooray for late-adopters...

I've got a re-mailer in the States, so UPS won't cause any problems. Anyone in Canada wants to piggyback, shoot me a PM - at the very least, we might be able to qualify for free shipping within the US. All you'd need to cover is shipping from Toronto to wherever you are.

Just got an email from HockeyMonkey saying "Thank you for your order with HockeyMonkey.com. Please call customer service regarding your order."

Could this mean they were sold out with what I ordered? I'm off to work now so I can't give them a call right now

got the same e-mail regarding my order, it means one or more of the items your ordered are out of stock :(

if anybody has received any of the Dolomite shafts can you comment on the weight or balance of the Warrior tapered shafts ? ( sorry if this has been posted or answered already ,I did'nt see it if it has ) :)

if anybody has received any of the Dolomite shafts can you comment on the weight or balance of the Warrior tapered shafts ? ( sorry if this has been posted or answered already ,I did'nt see it if it has ) :)

I just got a few 380 and 400 flex Dolomites today and they range from 319 to 324 grams. Just take off the plastic cap and it has flex and weight ratings.

I just got a few 380 and 400 flex Dolomites today and they range from 319 to 324 grams. Just take off the plastic cap and it has flex and weight ratings.

If the insides have flex and weight ratings i have found some disappointing news. I ordered two grip 380's and two non grip 400s.

On the label inside the shaft, The F: number on the grips matches up with the flex rating, but on the clear shafts(which are supposed to be 400 flex), one has a sticker that looks like it was ripped off, and the other has an F number of 185. I havent put blades in them yet, but the 400s feel like they are stiffer.

Aggie, have you found any numbers that dont make sense, or any other problems with your 400's or 380's?

i dont know... to me its kind of like buying a packaged and sealed carrie underwood cd, and opening it only to find jay-z's mug on the actual disc. That would never slide, and this really shouldnt either. Have you received your shafts yet mack?

Nope, haven't received them yet and that's more on UPS than anyone and I hate that. If they come with a whippier flex, that's going to suck but Warrior's dirty with their labeling and I knew that going in. It's a cheap shaft and if they're noodles then my friends and brother have some Christmas gifts coming in.

As for their labels on the inside, like I said I knew Warrior's history and it does suck if it's not the flex that we thought it'd be, but it was a gamble from the get-go. Hopefully it won't get in your head though because maybe it'll just be all mental now.

So whats up Lefties? Any new pics? Some are gone at HM, so checking the whole thread didnt help me..

Im looking for Druryish, YP, RP blades.

Thanks!

Edit:

A while ago, there was a Niinimaa stick on ebay, afaik it was a pretty straight, thin blade with an open toe.

Can someone confirm it?

Sven:

Niinimaa's curve is basically an angle at the heel and a more or less straight blade out to the toe. Doesn't look at all open to me. Very thin, though.

Got a few more wood mission tapered come through ....

Barney - pretty much a Drury, which feels too big and heavy in a tapered shaft.

Armstrong - is like a Forsberg (it does fit a tapered shaft but has long hossel so beware). Very thin wood blade .. but I think the best one I have had so far.

Fitzgerald - open mid curve (like the NBH P92 in their wood curves) a short and not a very high blade, when you stand a puck on it's end it is around third of an inch higher than the blade is at it's heel. And an almost "Spezza Pro like" pointy toe.

Just got my 2 comp tapered Hinote blades last night. It is very similar to a pm9 but with a higher lie. I will get pics to anyone if they are interested in seeing it.

got the same e-mail regarding my order, it means one or more of the items your ordered are out of stock :(

I'm going to pray that none of you guys ordered the Afanasenkov blades as I haven't gotten a shipping # or confirmation email yet and now they're not on there site.

Hooray for UPS. :(

Like I said before, the only way to do this is to have a friend/relative in the US who can receive UPS and re-mail with USPS.

Mine just rolled into Winnipeg, talked to the lady about it. $70 duty charge? What the fuck, never doing this again.

And so are somethings that you really do need to look in before ordering something.

Got a call from hockey monkey yesterday (I was suprised that they decided to make an international call, suprised, but happy) saying that they didn't have any lang blades left and that everything had to be packed to get shipped out for arrival by christmas eve asking what we wanted to do. I am now getting 2 yashin blades insted of the original 1 yashin, 1 lang order.

Thankyou Hockey Monkey for your great communication with your customers :)

The problem is, Bender, that UPS won't quote their brokerage fees (nor offer a formula from which they might be derived) until they already have the package. That's called extortion. They wait until they have leverage (the package) on the receiver, and then demand money for undescribed and generally valueless services, or they keep the package. It's not HockeyMonkey's fault by any stretch of the imagination; that doesn't mean it isn't a complete shitshow that prevents a great many future and repeat customers in Canada from patronizing HM.

I'm going to pray that none of you guys ordered the Afanasenkov blades as I haven't gotten a shipping # or confirmation email yet and now they're not on there site.

And then I get the dreaded call that they don't have anymore left...

Then the only question is, did you get the call in time for it to get to you by christmas?

I'm not going to be getting any because they don't have anymore! I'd still like to get the polar fibre shaft, but I wouldn't have anything to put in it. I know I could just get it now and get some blades later, but then I would have to pay to have some blades shipped along with the shipping of this shaft. I just don't feel it's worth it.