Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QandA

Easton Website

Vote your favorite spelling mistake on Easton's '04 website  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of today it's hard to wonder about some kids' bad English if you see that a respected company's product describtions contain TONS of spelling mistakes.

I find it pretty poor for what was expected to be such a "grand" site. THe Stealth isn't there either.

The site doesn't look too bad at all.

It was posted over a month ago, don't be surprised if your shop charges more. Mine will.

Well, I had to add a little poll on top... It is UNBELIEVABLE that a big company like Easton (who praises itself with superlatives in each and every sentence...) is unable to publish a site in proper English.

Here is what I found from a quick read :blink:

startegically

aer

emost

thoughout

antabacterial

taht

desighned

it’s (where it should be its)

it;s

rmains

Shcok

hte

prefious design

treament

felible

evry

to to innovate ad define

alittle

techonology

foor instead of foot

tonue

teh

[erfect

raius

new sentence starts with no capital letter

lightes

confort

amnipulate

comapnies

kncuckles

enery

too instead of took

ergoniomic

ocmposite

you''ll

Don't blame Easton entirely for that. I almost guarantee that the works contracted out.

Well if I was Easton I would never hire that company to do my sites again. The mistakes they made were pretty sad, like come on, "ocmposite", if the person who typed that was looking at the screen he would have noticed that he spelt the word wrong.

I think that my little quote is a good example of why kids have problems with literature nowadays :P

Don't blame Easton entirely for that. I almost guarantee that the work contracted out.

I would still want final say and approval over something that important.

It's all subliminal though. If you are constantly reading somthing the is incorrect you will begin to spell it incorrect, IMO.

Contagious too. My favorite is “techonology”, kind of sounds like a disease.

Well, if the work was contracted out then the group that did the work has terrible quality control. I have done application programming for over 10 years now and all of the programs that I have ever written have had to pass quality inspections before release. Spelling mistakes are a big no no when it comes to marketing materials.

Or have you noticed that under the descriptions for the Si-Core, Si-Core Grip, and Synthesis, they all say, "Si-Core Grip....?"

I wasn't expecting Easton to leave only four patterns for the silver Synergy this year...

Hmm... I went to the Easton site just now and the Title page says Easton 2004, but then the homepage says 2003 and I can't get the new products on anything except for gloves. Is this just my stupidity or are other people having trouble with this aswell?

Well, if the work was contracted out then the group that did the work has terrible quality control. I have done application programming for over 10 years now and all of the programs that I have ever written have had to pass quality inspections before release. Spelling mistakes are a big no no when it comes to marketing materials.

I completely agree. I was just trying to make the point that Easton probably hired someone to do the site and that they may not be the only responsible party. It should have never gone live with that many errors that's for sure.