Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Ziggy Palffy

He'll be back. He was training during the summer to get back into game shape. I think if he was on a team like the Kings, who actually showed signs of wanting to win then he woulnd't of retired.

From his purspective the whole season was a waste in Pittsburgh. He has to sit out a year but he can get back in the league after that. Theres even been rumours of Pavel Bure coming back to play cheap for the Caps, I would love to see it but it probably wont happen.

Where do you think he'll go. That's kind of a cheap shot to Pittsburgh. What happened he just left one day?

Other then it was painfully obvious they were tanking the season? Its not like they've had a long storied tradition of winning with underachievers.. They've built up a decent team this year through the draft, that usually happens when you completely tank for 4 years.

As to where he'll go? Again it'll have to be next season but its pretty obvious so far that Philly and Colorado are having major problems in terms of goal scoring. I wouldn't mind him on the Wings either.

Where do you think he'll go. That's kind of a cheap shot to Pittsburgh. What happened he just left one day?

He got tired of Crosby and walked out. As long as the Pens own his rights, he won't play in the NHL.

He got tired of Crosby and walked out. As long as the Pens own his rights, he won't play in the NHL.

I never heard why he left - is that actually why?

or is that just an educated guess?

i did notice so far this year crosby has kept his mouth shut to the refs - just dunno how long that will last...

i did notice so far this year crosby has kept his mouth shut to the refs - just dunno how long that will last...

im not entirely sure but i think he had heart problems or something like that which forced him to retire early. i not sure though... anyone?

im not entirely sure but i think he had heart problems or something like that which forced him to retire early. i not sure though... anyone?

Pittsburgh Penguins right wing Ziggy Palffy has announced his retirement, effective immediately, due to personal reasons.

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/1604.0.php

He was scoring a point a game at the time he retired so the other rumor of shoulder injury seems bogus. Nobody believed me last year when I said Crosby and Recchi were having problems, don't believe me on this one either.

Pittsburgh Penguins right wing Ziggy Palffy has announced his retirement, effective immediately, due to personal reasons.

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/1604.0.php

He was scoring a point a game at the time he retired so the other rumor of shoulder injury seems bogus. Nobody believed me last year when I said Crosby and Recchi were having problems, don't believe me on this one either.

I believe you...

Crosby destroyed their season last year. Hes a competitor but he needs to realize any 18 year old, even if your the next "Great One" cannot just boss around players that started before you were born, aka Recchi, Leclair.

Palffy had a shoulder injury and was the second best player on the team during last season. The season was going to hell and he had just suffered a major injury.

Pretty sure his contract is null and void since he retired, it would make him a free agent if he chose to return to the NHL. I still can't believe Peter Bondra hasn't found work yet though, its actually amazing.

Crosby destroyed their season last year. Hes a competitor but he needs to realize any 18 year old, even if your the next "Great One" cannot just boss around players that started before you were born, aka Recchi, Leclair.

Palffy had a shoulder injury and was the second best player on the team during last season. The season was going to hell and he had just suffered a major injury.

Pretty sure his contract is null and void since he retired, it would make him a free agent if he chose to return to the NHL. I still can't believe Peter Bondra hasn't found work yet though, its actually amazing.

Reports out of Slovakia indicate that retired winger Zigmund Palffy recently participated in an exhibition hockey game and is feeling better--after abruptly announcing his retirement from the NHL last season due to a painful shoulder problem. So does this mean the 34-year-old Slovak is ready for a comeback? Perhaps, but it can't be before February, 2007. That's because Palffy must stay retired for at least one calendar year if he wants to return to the NHL. Signed to a three-year, $13.5 million contract with the Penguins in the summer of 2005, Palffy's contract would kick back in should he decide to return to the big league.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thescore/hockey/n...gespec=20061018

Bondra is done. He hasn't been productive for a while.

So wait if Pallfy comes back to the NHL he goes straight to the Pens?

That's what they say and I don't think he will play in Pittsburgh.

Palffy has value, hes only 33. If he comes back at 100% im sure the Pens could easily get a 2nd rounder for him from an up and coming team. They might just keep him though, who knows how long Recchi and Leclair can hold together and im sure Malkin and Palffy could be pretty deadly.

Yea that's what I was thinking about Malkin and Him. Who's line is Malkin gonna play on? Every game he's flopped around.

It depends, do the Pens want to tank and go for a cornerstone defenseman or have they had their fill of top three picks over the last five years? :lol:

Malkin and Crosby on the same line with Recchi is sick but they're rarely together. I understand spreading out the talent but really I see no benefit when you have two superstars centering over the hill veterans or AHL caliber players.

If anything they should really get rid of Staal like yesterday, hes shown tons of potential but theres really no need for a clusterfuck at center when you have no legitment wingers outside of Colby Armstrong.

i just want to see him play again

i figured even if he had a problem with management or the players - they have all new management and quite a few new players - i think crosby buried the hatchet with recchi and hopefully he could with pallfy as well

even if he dislikes crosby - they have plenty of other potential stars now

it would be like if lindros went back to philly now that clarke is gone

it would be like if lindros went back to philly now that clarke is gone

You obviously don't understand the situation in Philly.

He'll be back. He was training during the summer to get back into game shape. I think if he was on a team like the Kings, who actually showed signs of wanting to win then he woulnd't of retired.

From his purspective the whole season was a waste in Pittsburgh. He has to sit out a year but he can get back in the league after that. Theres even been rumours of Pavel Bure coming back to play cheap for the Caps, I would love to see it but it probably wont happen.

Where did you get that? Ziggy actually retired because of shoulder problems and needed or was to need surgery if he was to keep playing. Saying he walked out because the Pens weren't doing anything to win is wrong. If you remember well, they were very active on the UFA market netting players like Gonchar amongst others in order to make a run to the cup. It never materialized but that is not the reason Ziggy retired. He was rolling on just over a point per game too, so you don't just retire like that when you're doing that well unless you are forced to because of health problems. I don't think he'll be back in the NHL unless he's had surgery and that doctors tell him that he won't have anymore shoulder problems.

Here's one link to back what I'm saying about his injury but it has been common knowledge from the day he announced his retirement

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2296464

Not at all, I find that water hockey to look extremely gay. Gay to the point that Greg Louganis would see a game in progress and go "That's too gay, let's go get a mimosa and watch Thai boys wrestle in mud."