Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzza_77

Inline hockey dying in NSW

The VP of inline hockey NSW is resigning. This means that they need the position to be filled.

If it is filled, then the sport will grow with more rinks being opened and the sport grows heaps. If it isn't filled the sport of inline hockey dyes in NSW, no more state teams, nothing. Sorry for the rant but I am currently depressed and sad :( :( :(

WA(Western Australia) hockey is very strong, but if its just a pick up game there probably woulnd't be anyone too decent. They have a couple of nice Ice rinks in WA.

Muzz, it seems to be a sign of the times that Inline might dissappear in NSW. No rinks and no real clubs (although I'd kill to get my hands on an orig Smurfs jersey) I know in most states its still going good (bar SA who has a few scattered inhouse leagues and every now and then a State tourny). Seriously but I know your parents are against it but going Ice is the way to go. You will enjoy it more than Inline and learn so much more as all the better coaches generally stay on the Ice side of things. You have quality rinks as well so it really is a win win situ.

The best thing you or your family can do is not get involved with the politics of this sport in AUS. Its not worth the heartache or the 3am crisis calls. Trust me when I say this play it for yourself, give it your all and at the end of the day you will enjoy your hockey for a long time.

some of the guys i play with are with the state team... its just a drop in where everyone just played for fun. I no longer crave the competition, so mainly play recreational

I think that I am on the verge of playing ice, just a little more talking and explaining and if it does close down, then that might be the answer to me playing ice. Thanks everyone, I will just keep going..lol

Here in New Zealand inline is starting to grow rapidly through the lower north island but here in auckland and in the south island its dying a bit by bit every year. i still play inline and am trialing for the u18 national team but i found it no longer gives me all the competition i require as our club team won every game this season in our area, (bar nationals).

So i now play ice after holding out of it for so long and im glad i did, trust me its so much fun! and it also helped my inline game alot, with the physical factor. best move you could make is start ice and hope inline holds up!!!!

anyone here going to div 3 under 18 ice hockey world champs in beijing? keen to meet some other minor country players

Ask any informed Doctor, and he or she will tell you that soccer is a lot more dangerous than Icehockey.

Your not protected in the same way, and more prone to injurys due to ankle, knee and various other injuries that are related to the sport.

e.g. I broke my leg playing soccer, and sprained my ankle. So far not one serious injury in Icehockey.

Hockey is just much better for your joints than soccer. And I haven't even mentioned sports like Handball...... that are even worse.