Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estovlo2

cage w/ best vision

There's a number of members who like the Jofa 480, but it depends if the bars interfere with your vision or not as everyone is different. I personally am getting annoyed with my 480 as one bar is right in the way of me looking straight ahead. I'm thinking of switching back to Itech, probably RBE III or other Itech if I can find my size.

On a related thread:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?sh...ic=2119&hl=cage

I have a ccm 480 which is the same thing and I like it. but probably my favorite cage ever was the old RBEIV bubble from itech, can't find another one after I bent a bar in my old one.

Would a Jofa 480 fit a Bauer 5000 helmet?

If the helmet is a medium, I would just get a medium cage?

Yea it will fit. but on my bauer 5000 I have a large on it.

The cage size refers to the length and not width, so it depends how deep your helmet fits you and how long your face is. The store that sold me the cage just pulled it slightly wider to make it fit my Jofa helmet.

While we are the topic of cages, I wanted to know what are the advantages of a combo, (Itech Deluxe II not entirley sure of model) The one with a visor on top and a black cage on the bottom. I am considering buying one since the visor gives me better vision but whats this I hear about air flow? is the air flow and ventalation greatly reduced because of the visor and not a full cage? Will it reduce the amount of air I get when I am on the bench resting?

*I am aware of the visor scratching so no need to address that

I have one of those Itech combos, I don't use it anymore. I always had fogging right where the cage and plastic visor overlap. It's a bit tricky getting anti-fog stuff in there. And it annoyed the hell out of me when I had to glance down and not see anything due to fog. I just found a regular cage better for me.

I have a ccm 480 which is the same thing

The ccm480 and Jofa480 are the same thing?

The CCM is cheaper in all the places I looked, do you know why?

The oakley visor i find are great, but ill have to go with itech

He's asking about cages, not visors.

let me just say the cage has nothing to do with the performance. but i reccomend Jofa bubble

Sure it does. If you can't see anything, how can you do anything else?

Also, Jofa 480 Chrome is the best cage.

I tried on the Itech RBE III cage again today. I never realized how much I don't like those double vertical bars down the middle since I went Jofa. Also of note, Itech's RBE VIII seems almost identical to the Jofa 480's bar spacing and seems as good as the Jofa (at least from the web page).

I agree with PH-Hockey, and think the True Vision cage is great. The new cage, i think it's called the 8000 is supposed to be the same thing, but with a memory foam chin cup with Dri-Fit lining or something. But of course, it's all whatever you think is the best.

I'm with Ambro on this one Jofa 480 chrome when I have to wear a cage.

Is it me or do all cages cause your helmet to slide down your forhead??? I have tried ever brand of helmet (except Carbuster which makes you look like your head is shaped like a squash)and none seem to prevent this. Currently I use to CCM HT500 and crank down on the strap that goes across the base of the skull and that working OK <_<

I can't say I have problems with my helmet sliding forward due to the weight of the cage. My helmet does slide down because I wear the cage with the clips upside down (shorter cage), so when I open my mouth my chin forces the helmet down a bit.