Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Music during a game

Im going to be the guy who plays some music between the breaks and im not sure what to play. I want to create 1 or 2 CDs with some stuff which could fit into a hockeygame for the crowd and the players.

Im thinking of some rock, house and funny stuff. For example i'd put some Metallica, Rocky OST-Track, "Survior - Eye of the Tiger" on it....

Maybe you can help me out.

Ronnie James Dio - Holy Diver if anyone takes a dive (got to edit the song as there's 30 seconds of nothing before it)

Look up a band called The Chariot from the 80's, they've got a hilarious song called "Evil Eye"

Anything from Iced Earth

I like a lot of bad 80's butt rock, not obvious stuff like Metallica and Motley Crue, but stupid things like Whitesnake and late Judas Priest. Of course, I wouldn't be doing it seriously, I'd be doing it to kind of mock myself as I don't like music at hockey games!

Anything upbeat. We had a huge chat about this for the team here and we've came up with:

Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

Run to the hills - Iron Maiden

Run DMC - It's Tricky

And whatever's on the charts I guess.

It's really not that important to the players, I don't think. As a player, I've never really been conscious of any of the music played during the breaks (unless we're up pretty big and I'm in a good mood - when this is the case, I am told by a number of people that my head and body bounce from side to side with the beat of whatever is playing...I guess I've never noticed). If the players need music to get up for a game that has already started, they're in a lot of trouble.

The players can, however, feed off of the energy of the crowd. Keep the music pretty up-beat (save the heavier stuff for the end of a tight game or a key PP/PK) to keep the fans alive. I would stick with music that is at least moderately well-known. Play stuff the fans can have fun with - dancing, singing, all that crap.

If you play 'Cotton-Eyed Joe,' I'll kill you.

Anyone know what's the song the Kings use for their goal celebration? it sounds so funny- --- I LOVE LA !!! sth like that. and what's the song after that?