Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukiandeek

$499 the standard for Wicked 1s across the board?

I can't find anything lower on the internet between the major sites. Have you seen anything cheaper? My LHS says they can get them but its basically gonna be $499 + shipping, which I can do myself.

Not really in a hurry to get them, I won't need them for 3-4 months. Do you think the price will go down at all in that time or will the demand go up?

Thanks

you likely won't see a drop until after the season and just before the next line gets ready for release in late 07...

i personally would wait. there last line of skates has dropped rapidly. without doubt it will continue with this new line.

Ive got about 3 months with no hockey, then I need new skates. I refuse to buy another pair of Missions from 06 on principal(Snapped my chassis twice with their weak quality). The Wicked 1s on the other hand seem like they could survive a nuclear holocoust without a scratch, even at $400-$500 it seems like a bargain if they last a couple seasons.

why do you ask the price of the 1's..then say you won't buy a pair on principal (what frame did you snap 2x?) then mention the Wicked 1's look as if they will hold up well and are worth buying for that $

Are you missing your prescription for Adderall?

why would your LHS charge +shipping??

that's a little odd.

they probably have to order them. wich will add shipping cost

they have to order everything they carry.

charging a customer shipping on a special order item is a bad business practice. i have never been charged shipping on any special order item in my life. be it hockey equipment, car parts, paintball gear, nothing.

why do you ask the price of the 1's..then say you won't buy a pair on principal (what frame did you snap 2x?) then mention the Wicked 1's look as if they will hold up well and are worth buying for that $

Are you missing your prescription for Adderall?

No scripts needed, re-read what I wrote. Someone suggested that I buy a pair of last years model missions. I broke the chassis on two different pairs of 06 Mission HE5550s.

To summarize, the Wicked 1s seem to be durable enough to justify the price, because I spent $400 on skates and I barely got 6 months out of them.

can you write me a script? at the same time I would say they haven't been on the market long enough to determine durability...

the boot is new, but the frame looks like the same magnesium frame as on last year's HE10000 and HE9500.

it's highly highly unlikely that you'll have the same issue on the magnesium frame as you did the aluminum frame.

don't shy away from '06 model missions, just don't get a pair using the aluminum frame you've had the failures on.

the boot is new, but the frame looks like the same magnesium frame as on last year's HE10000 and HE9500.

it's highly highly unlikely that you'll have the same issue on the magnesium frame as you did the aluminum frame.

don't shy away from '06 model missions, just don't get a pair using the aluminum frame you've had the failures on.

The frame was a major issue for me but im going with sprung anyway. The boots went very soft and pretty much lost all support.

can you write me a script? at the same time I would say they haven't been on the market long enough to determine durability...

Agreed Wicked 1's are on trial atm as far as us gear monkeys are concerned. They will no doubt hold up fairly well and so far there hasn't been too many complaints except for the ppl whinging about how stiff they were to begin with. Mission never made any statements to the contray but, all customer's should take note that buying Wicked 1's will mean some severe pain to begin with. Im making an assumption here, but if they are THAT stiff to begin with odds are they will still be performing stiffness wise in a yr or two.

For top of the line skates these days, thats doing above and beyond what we expect.

i did not say to buy last years... i was saying how over the last to years there skates have become cheaper rapidly and i expect this to happen again.

i would also personally convert some nice ice skates if your going with sprungs...