Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riotgear

The New Easton Wicked Synergy 1's ("wickergy")

As i logged on here to put up pics i remember that my sister has my digi cam for her new baby so pics will come tomorrow..... i know i know i know sorry....

basically, i finally did what i've been planning on doing for a while now.

That is....

Easton Synergy 1500C boots with a Wicked 1 Vanguard Chassis :) i Call it the "Wickergy"

Together the skate is seriously about 100g lighter than the wicked 1 skates. the only problem is that you cant use 76mm in the 2nd wheel on the vanguard. i'm having to find 74mm and use a 78 78 74 74. besides that, the skates are just incredible.

HPIM1669.jpg

more pics on page 2

74s won't be easy to find. how much more clearance is needed? you could do one of two things:

Add washers or a "lift" to the skate between the chassis and the boot so tat the boot sits slightly higher, giving you room to run the larger 76mm wheel.

Or dremel a bit of the outsole where the 2nd wheel goes to make room for the wheel.

Sounds like a sick setup.

you cant dremel the boot. if you ever get a chance, take a look at the boot. there are holes in the bottom of the boot after you take off the ice blade. also, there is fabric that goes to the underpart of the boot so if i tried to dremel it, i could damage the entire boot.

and yes, it is a sick setup

i'm having to find 74mm and use a 78 78 74 74. besides that, the skates are just incredible.

Hockeygiant has the 2007 Hyper Unity Shift wheels in 74mm I believe. Thats one option for that wheel size. Skates sound awesome.

I would definately look into remounting... all you need is a 1 or 2mm thin piece of plastic to go between the boot and the chassis... you just reuse the same holes and it makes way more sense than having to search high and low for a set of wheels that work...

hello

please send us a picture !!!!!!!!!

I from FRANCE, and 3 mons ago I like to make this , but I dont find my size , 6 easton

tanks,

ERIC

msrp is pretty much dead on.

wicked 1 - 499

1500c - 549

genesis - 80

that's MSRP not my discount or what other retailers sell it for. I ended up putting it together for about $700

I'm sending my wicked 1 boots to Sprung for them to screw around with. I'm gonna get them back with a sick sprung chassis and use them while i send these out to have them put a sprung on the eastons. the vanguard is cool and all, but nothing can touch that sprung frame

msrp is pretty much dead on.

wicked 1 - 499

1500c - 549

genesis - 80

that's MSRP not my discount or what other retailers sell it for. I ended up putting it together for about $700

I'm sending my wicked 1 boots to Sprung for them to screw around with. I'm gonna get them back with a sick sprung chassis and use them while i send these out to have them put a sprung on the eastons. the vanguard is cool and all, but nothing can touch that sprung frame

What size is the Vanguard, any interest in selling it?

lol, sprung is gonna take over. remember me saying (typing) this. i feel that i skate and play better in my bauer supreme 30 w/ sprung. thats like $100 skates vs these $1000 skates. The Sprung makes a HUGE difference when you get used to it. At 1st it's really effing weird, but after about 15 min or so and a few games that chassis is definately key.

LOL i found a beer stain on my carpet from that pic LOLOLOL. SHIT!

by the way, this setup is WAY lighter than the original wicked 1 setup. for those who were wondering

Them some nice lookin' skate you've got there! :D

Those synergy's are some sweet boots. How does the easton boot size compare to your regular show size? Do easton skates run wide or narrow? I've always wanted a pair but don't have any place local to try them on.