Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

cutting a chassis

i currently have a vibe on my WL and i HATE IT. there is way to much metal in the front and it almost covers up all of my wheel except for the very bottom part, so when i stop i get a lot of chassis on the floor would this work? i would cut it so it wouldnt affect the axle location/structure

heres what i wanna do:

I want to cut off the small part outlined in red

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/753546/VIBE.JPG

Edit: This IMG is way too big and it was blowing out the boards interface. PLEASE use links for larger pics instead. Thanks!

I dont suggest cutting the chassis. Instead I would just buy a new chassis and sell those on ebay on something. You can buy a e-frame chassis made by red star for like 50 bucks on hockeymonkey.com

The reason i dont suggest cutting the chassis is because it compromises the structural integrity of the chassis. But you can do want you want.

It doesn't seem feasible that the part of the chassis your're talking about actually touches the floor. If anything, it looks like the actual shock would scrape before the frame would. It would be impossible for the part of the chassis you want to cut to touch the ground, unless you are on jell-o wheels or something. Here is what I would do: Buy a couple of Vibe lockout plates on e-puck, and remove those shocks completely from the chassis. It looks like there are screws holding them in, so you can take them out. If not, look on hockeygiant or some other store and buy a cheap chassis, I think they have a mission chassis for next to nothing. Pray to whoever you pray to that the holes line up, then run to Home Depot and buy some long and some shorter countersunk screws that come already packaged with nuts. Get some thread locker, and screw those babies in there. I've done it a couple of times, and it's worked great for me. Let me know if you want some more info on that.

The reason i dont suggest cutting the chassis is because it compromises the structural integrity of the chassis. But you can do want you want.

I agree, cutting would probably not be a good idea. Those frames were maximized to be as small as possible while still maintaining their integrity. Cutting would be bad and possibly dangerous.