Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denverbronco86

Alarm Clocks

Right now I just have a simple Digital Alarm Clock that doesn't always work for me. I was just curious if anybody here has particular brand or model that really wakes them up?

Thanks

Sony Dream Machine, I'm all Sony in my room, never had trouble with any of my stuff.

If I really have to get up early for something, I set a series of them....

It starts with my alarm clock - the loudest one I could find.

5 minutes after that, my stereo comes on - loud. The remote is on the opposite side of my room to my bed, so I actually have to get out of bed to turn it off.

5 minutes after that, the alarm on my phone (cellphone, if you're in America :D ) comes on. It's consistent, and quite annoying, so the phone ,hidden somewhere in my room should irritate me enough to get up.

That should do the trick... :lol:

Sony Dream Machine, I'm all Sony in my room, never had trouble with any of my stuff.

I have to agree with you on that. I have one and it's very reliable.

Mine is a cheap brand called United, but it works well and it's very loud so it does the work. Imagine a tornado siren next to the bed and you get the idea, you'd have to be literally dead to not hear it (although sometimes it almost scares the life out of me!). :lol:

i heard about this from a friend of mine, but what his friend would do is take a recording of his parents, like "wake up (whoever), its time to get up" and he's set that up LOUD as his alarm. it doesn't always keep him awake, but it would usually shock him enough to wake up

Not sure the name, not the dream machine but its made by Sony. On a trip to Boston at an expensive hotel they had this alarm clock, it was awsome but it runs like $70-100

I used to set a scheduled task on my computer to play "Time" by Pink Floyd in the morning. I do the same thing with my laptop half the time when I'm on the road.

I used to set a scheduled task on my computer to play "Time" by Pink Floyd in the morning. I do the same thing with my laptop half the time when I'm on the road.

Floyd wakes you up....most Floyd puts me to sleep adn the beginning of "Time" with that dreamy drawn out clock and drone...Christ...I'd be back in LaLa land in no time.

Guest 2048

I really need a new alarm clock for college...or afternoon classes. I slept through my alarm for almost a full hour about 25 times this year. Econ teacher wasn't happy at all.

wow, that's a lot of wasted money in missed classes! you should hook up your alarm to a stereo and when the alarm turns on, get it to trigger the stereo to play "Du Has" ;)