Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
hehatemefrisbee

Nike/Bauer One90

Product: 14 inch NBH One90 Glove

User Background: I play competitive inline hockey 2-3 times a week, and I am known as a glove fanatic. I have many, many pairs of gloves over the last few years. The two pairs I was using until I got the One90 gloves, were TPS HGT Pros and Pro Tacks.

Fit: 10/10

Coming from the HGTs I was a little worried that the One90s would be a little bit too tight fitting for me. Boy was I wrong. Although they are a tighter fitting glove, the stretch material on the palm makes it feel as if they move with your hand. The One90 feels as though its an extension of your hand. Almost as if it were a latex glove. You hardly notice its even there.

Weight: 10/10

Weight isn’t really an issue with me, but these babies sure are light. That the One90 is made out of a nylon material allows it to be lighter, and also dry out quicker (read: retains no water)

Protection: 10/10

Unlike a conventional glove, the One90 uses raised Dual Density foam on the face of the glove. This allows it to shave weight, and still bring the protection you need playing hockey these days.

Durability: 10/10

I have been using these gloves for over a month now, and I haven’t had any issues with durability.

Intangibles: 10/10

The fact that this glove is lined with Nike's Dri-Fit material means that it dries out incredibly quickly. For someone that plays multiple games a week, that’s an appealing feature. Yes the glove IS strange looking, but it gets people asking about it.

Overall: 10/10

This is the coolest glove on the market today. The features on this glove are astounding, and any glove freak like myself would love these. The fit is awesome, you can actually feel the stick so much better than a conventional glove. I highly recommend these gloves.

Profile: Black/Grey 14" One90s

Beer Leaguer defenseman, 14 games played and ~10 sticktimes/practice sessions

Previous gloves: CCM 852s ('03 model)

***updated on 1/23/08***

Fit: These things are like second skin. They have a close fit on your hand. I liken them to wearing Mechanixwear/Setwear type work gloves vs those trucker type leather gloves. (These are the first hockey gloves I've worn in 12+ years that actually let me give 'the bird' to opposing players and they can actually tell what it was :D Yes they are that flexible.) If you like a more 'sloppy' fit, then these are not for you. If you like wearing gear that you soon forget you have on, these are perfect for you.

9.9/10

Protection: Ive had some guys get some good chops in and I didn't feel a thing. These have proven to be just as protective as the CCM 852's I used to have. Also, there are tons of little extra padding rolls between every joint that seem to help.

9.9/10

Weight: I have gloves on? Really?

10/10

Durability: Thus far these have held up very well. The exterior looks like I just bought them, with not a mark to be seen. The palm on my upper hand shows some wear near the wrist. I reduced the size of the butt end knob and the wear has lessened/stopped. I also went to white tape instead of black to see if that helped.

Short Term - 9/10

Long Term - 9.5/10 - I've been playing with these 2-3 times a week since they were purchased. They still look like new and feel great. The palms have worn a bit as indicated before, but the wear has not gotten worse.

Intangibles: I'm a stickler for perfection on top of the line gear. Things I would easily overlook on lower to mid-tier gear are magnified against the 'creme de la creme'. The only defect I have seen is on the inside 'floating' hand pad (don't know what its called) has a few seams that had extra threads dangling. This was probably pure laziness on the part of the manufacturing shop. All they had to do was snip the extra thread off and its a perfect 10. Also, these don't smell nearly as bad after a game, so I guess the dri-fit concept works in keeping them dry.

9/10

Conclusion: Yes, they are pricey. Yes, they look non-traditional and more robocop like. With long-term durability to still be decided, I can honestly say these are the best gloves I have ever had.

Edited by Elwood

Product: 13 inch NBH One90 Glove

User Background: Beer League Center/Left wing. 2-3 times per week. The One90's are replacing my Easton S9s.

Fit: 9/10

I've pretty much always been an Easton glove guy, and now my 3rd and latest pair being S9s. The last pair of Bauer I had (Vapor 4 or 5, not sure) I hated. Tried the One90s at LHS and remembered how snugged they were (as compared to S9s, One90s are a much 'tighter' fit while S9s now seem super loose) The fingers are more flexible and separated than any other gloves I've ever tried on. You can really stretch your palm open and your fingers can move freely. The cuffs do kinda flair out a little but I don't find it obstructive at all. Fingers seem to be longer than the S9s (which are on the shorter side IIRC?) and overall really hugs to your hands. I do find that little piece of Dri-fit or whatever it is NBH tucked into the gloves, a bit annoying and I might just cut that out, not sure yet. So if you like tighter gloves, you should try on the One90s.

Weight: 10/10

Very close to the S9s. Both are obviously light enough for me and the drying time of the One90s is good. Hopefully they don't get smelly like the S9s (Bio-dri liner helped little I think).

Protection: 10/10

My league has a bunch of pretty good guys and they're all respectful therefore it's not as chippy as some other leagues. I would presume the One90s are well adequate for beer league play.

Durability: 10/10

I need more time to really test ONe90s durability. But they seem to be built solid.

Intangibles: 10/10

So far, the One90s are light, snug, protective and offer very good feel of the stick. These gloves needed literally zero break-in time for me and I'm very impressed with the overall design and functionality.

Overall: 9.5/10

I thought these were too funky looking at first but right after I slid my hands in, I was hooked. Glad I made the switch (S9s served me very well and technically I didn't need new gloves, but I got the One90s for $50 NWOT on ebay so it's all good) and hopefully these hold up. But I would definitely recommend these for players looking for a tighter fit gloves.

Bought these a couple of weeks ago after my old Montreals got so stinky I couldn't bring them into the house anymore out of fear of retribution from the wife & daughter. I got them on sale from overstock at a pretty good price. I've played twice in them- level of play is about "C" or maybe a little better.

Fit- 10/10

First time I've had a pair of gloves that fit like a glove! They hug the hands, the palm fits close and is very comfortable. I've never been able to feel the stick like I can with these.

Weight- 10/10

Almost weightless.

Protection- 8.5/10

The back of the glove is great, no problems. Same with the outer & inner surfaces- nice little pads on the sides of the fingers. Likewise with good wrist protection. My concern is for the palm- since this is a relatively tight-fitting glove I think the palm protection might get me in trouble next time I accidentally go to palm the puck on a slap shot (mostly D for me). There will be no space between my glove and my hand, so the puck will be hitting pretty hard with little padding.

Durability- no idea yet. They'll probably be ok, but I'll reserve judgement.

Intangibles- 10/10 (?)

I think these will be great, my favorite pair of gloves in a long time. I'm a bit of a whore for new gear, so I don't hesitate to buy new pieces as needed, but I could see keeping these for a long time. I also think the stink quotient will be pretty low- the airflow is pretty good and the materials don't absorb sweat like older gloves do. So far no stink.

Overall- 9.5/10

These seem pretty great to me overall. Time will tell for sure. My guess is that I'll keep them for a long time and enjoy them very much.