Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dare to Dream 1980

Speed

Sprints- Intervals, weighted, up and down hills

Plyometrics, change of direction drills...

Lifting- Squats, Deadlifts, Olympic-style lifts such as clean and press

Of course these should be second to devoting ice time to increasing speed...

Sprints- Intervals, weighted, up and down hills

Plyometrics, change of direction drills...

Lifting- Squats, Deadlifts, Olympic-style lifts such as clean and press

yes

I disagree. I think when you have ice you should work on things you can't while you're not on the ice. So I'd say work on expanding your comfort zone. So go full speed while carrying a puck and going through cones or whatever. Don't be afraid to lose the puck. This is the most important aspect of making your speed applicable to game situations carrying the puck.

No matter how much off-ice training you get, you can't be a good, fast, skater without working specifically on skating form, speed, quickness, and maneuverability while on the ice...in a scrimmage or practice situation you will probably improve these aspects just by skating and playing the game, but you can never be your best without really working on your form, and other techniques for being quick.

work on stretching and improving your lower body and pelvic flexibility. i imagine a broken leg limited your mobility and there's a very good chance you don't have the same range of motion, off ice, work on that combined with increasing strength in your leg before you go to plyometrics. plyometrics require a certain level of strength to do properly, and if you've just healed, yo probably won't be capable of completely proper technique, so really take things one step at a time.