Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

number21

Chicagoland area

Anyone know of a rink that has some open stick and puck time?

I need some stick handling ans pass receiving work on actual ice.

thanks.

I live in chicago and play at johnny's and occasionally practice games at mcfetridge.

I work out in Downers Grove.

Anywhere in the area would be great to know. hell, i drive about an hour+ to go to work. If there are good hours (hopefully not midday during the week) my roommate and i would probably go for the chance to practice passing on ice.

thanks

I live in chicago and play at johnny's and occasionally practice games at mcfetridge.

I work out in Downers Grove.

Anywhere in the area would be great to know. hell, i drive about an hour+ to go to work. If there are good hours (hopefully not midday during the week) my roommate and i would probably go for the chance to practice passing on ice.

thanks

i think Romeoville has stick and puck.

Check out the rat hockey schedules at Oak Lawn Ice Arena and the Darien Sportplex. I play at these two rinks all the time since they have such great rat hockey sessions. I live a mile away from a rink that has rat hockey four times a week, but I hardly go there since these others are so good (and the sessions at the local rink are full of hacks).

Good times for Oak Lawn: Tuesday night 10:35pm, Wednesday afternoon 12:00pm

Good times for Darien: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 11:20am

Lots of guys use their lunch breaks to come to Darien, shower up, then head back to work. Since you work in Downers, this might not be that bad. Just go down I-355 to 75th Street, then down to the Sportsplex. About a 15 minute drive at most from Downers.

the romeoville is late afternoon which doesn't work for me.

i'll keep those late rat hockey times in mind, but yeah i only get a 30 min lunch, so daytime stuff doesn't work for me.

I might be able to do some early morning stuff on Wednesdays if i can talk them into it at work.

thanks for the responses!

Crystal Lake has a great Friday night session around 9 pm. They also have early Sunday morning.

Gurnee usually has drop-ins Friday or Saturday nights during hockey season.

Buffalo Grove and Vernon Hills have coached sessions on Sunday nights around 9 pm. I'm skating in the Buffalo Grove one right now.

I just moved to West Lakeview so I'd actually like to find something closer to the city.

Check out the rat hockey schedules at Oak Lawn Ice Arena and the Darien Sportplex. I play at these two rinks all the time since they have such great rat hockey sessions. I live a mile away from a rink that has rat hockey four times a week, but I hardly go there since these others are so good (and the sessions at the local rink are full of hacks).

Good times for Oak Lawn: Tuesday night 10:35pm, Wednesday afternoon 12:00pm

Good times for Darien: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 11:20am

Lots of guys use their lunch breaks to come to Darien, shower up, then head back to work. Since you work in Downers, this might not be that bad. Just go down I-355 to 75th Street, then down to the Sportsplex. About a 15 minute drive at most from Downers.

what rink do you live by with a lot of hacks? southwest?

Hoffman Estates has a Coached Sunday clinic for like $10 for two hours. Very well done and plenty of time to work on anything you want.

Hoffman Estates has a Coached Sunday clinic for like $10 for two hours. Very well done and plenty of time to work on anything you want.

wow! that's a deal! i'll look into that thanks!