Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Children of Men

i really want to see this. i hate going to the movies, but this actually looks good enough. doesn't seem like it would attract the 'on the phone/crying baby' crowd either, but you can never underestimate the general public.

i have heard people unhappy about the ending, is this because it was geniunely bad, or just the fact that it's open to your own interpretation? the director said he wanted the audience to draw their own conclusions, and i know how much people hate actually having to think about what they just saw.

the ending isnt bad, but at the conclusion you heard a loud moan from the entire crowd because, like you said, they have to think.

Loved it. The ending was great, make your own conclusion. Was it false hope? Or the savior for humanity? I thought it was great.

one question remains from me. is it really "blade runner for the 21st century"??

blade runner is in my top 5 favorite movies in all of history.

Granted I haven't seen Blade Runner in ages but the only similarities I can come up with are they're both set in the future; the future looks bleak as hell; our protagonist wears a trenchcoat.

first off, I really enjoyed the movie, but I couldn't help think what the big deal was with the birth of the baby. Clive says it himself at the beginning that even if a baby could be born the whole world has already gone to shit. I also liked the statue of david in his cousins penthouse.

Theo (Owen) said that because he had become cynical over time, but you could see him change during the movie because he was doing anything he could for the mother. As for what the baby could do, look what it did to the soldiers/rebels at the end, albeit for a brief moment.

He was cynical for good reason, every major city in the world was basically gone. And just like you said, the baby only causes the soldiers to pause for a second, it doesn't end the battle. It really changes nothing, and if anything the knowledge of this newborn will only cause more deaths, in the sleepy world that seems to be waiting for the right moment to swallow some Quietus

They finally released this movie in the theater by me. I heard they didn't release it before because of something controversial in the film or something. But anyway I'm going to see it tomorrow because it looks awesome.