Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w1zard

composite paddles

I actually prefer the composite ITECH test stick I am using...It has lasted me way longer than any of my wood sticks have. My previous sticks were the TPS GSLs...It has been 4 months with my composite stick, and it is still going strong...

I use the TPS Summit Stick. Its a 1/2 wood 1/2 composite. Its the best stick Ive used since the Sherwood 9950. I demoed the Bauer Vapor XXX and the TPS Response stick and out of the two, the Bauer was the best. No vibration when the puck made solid contact with the stick and rebound control was much easier than the Response stick. I couldn't even keep the TPS stick in my hand for a period, the thing was the worst stick I've ever come across.

If you can find the Summit stick, buy that. At roughly $100 retail its one of the best purchases i've made lately. It's definatly a good stick to use to cross over from a wood stick to a full composite too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I could go a whole year with a heaton 8 or H10, or Koho 590. In fact none of those sticks ever really broke, rather they just felt dead after a while. I still have wood sticks from the 80's in my garage, that you couldn't kill. It's all PP but still, no one has come up with a true documented, tested performance benefit for using a comp goal stick. SO given the fact that wood or composite may or may not last a year, why exactly would one use composite and pay double for it? Other than to have a "status" symbol.

Feel. Comps play better, to my hands, then either wood or foam-core. It's all up to the individual. Comps are, properly designed and built, more consistent stick to stick.

::m