Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Good Company for Protective stuff

Playing ice this winter and when it comes to protectives I am completely new to it, I jsut wnated to know if there is one specific company that makes really good protectives in terms of fit and mobility.

I seen magazines where it says Jofa has 99 percent of NHLers using there proctectives, is that true?

Btw. I was out looking for skates and the guy told me that CCM made the widest skates is that true?

Jofa makes some great pads, but they can be a little on the expensive side. Missions new line up is supposed to be real good as well.

I tried out the CCM Externo E-10 really good fit but I cant find that on the CCM offical site, can somone give me the specs and features of it and oppions would be welcomed also.

Thanks

Whip

If your new, seriously do yourself a favour and get good skates. Also I would say for pads, get whatever you can move the best in. It's more important at the beginning to be able to move then to be padded down.

I tried out the CCM Externo E-10 really good fit but I cant find that on the CCM offical site, can somone give me the specs and features of it and oppions would be welcomed also.

Thanks

Whip

The externos are no longer being made, therefore they are not on the CCM website. I'm pretty sure hockey giant or hockey monkey has them, perhaps they have a description.

The Vector is made from the Externo last, which was the Koho last.

Tacks are narrower in the toebox yet wider in the mid/heel area. Think of a triangle. Bauer is the opposite.