Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

my skates

I have the blue TUUK rocker frames just like yours. I have them mounted on some CCM 4.5 Edge skates but I haven't skated them yet. My son has the TUUK's mounted on CCM 325 Tacks and he really likes them.

I do have a question for you though. Are the blue TUUK frames with the plastic rocker pretty durable? My son is 11 and his seem to be holding up fine but I am quite a bit bigger than him so I don't know how they will hold up for me.

Rick Henry

I haven't tried them yet but my son likes them because they are a cool blue color. I know that sounds crazy but he is 11 and he wanted Tacks with a blue chassis. At the time if I could have found a Sure-Grip flat frame in blue in a medium I would have gone with it for him. His skates have all 72mm wheels so the rocker of the chassis seems pretty minimal.

Rick Henry

well i'm 6`0 170lbs and they seem to hold up just fine. But you have to be careful when taking the axles off on the plastic rocker sections because it is easy to actually make the hole bigger resulting in you just spinning the axle. This only happened to me once but that was because there was a lot of heat so it was a good thing i ordered two of the blue ones so i have a parts chassis now i guess.

I went from straight frame on my bauers (forget the model but they look like the old mega skates that Pavel Bure had) and then got Vapor 6s with the rocker and i've been on them since. I do think they feel the closest to ice skates which is why i like them. The only downsides is the weight.

i loved my rockers, but i grew out of the skates with them on it.

i dont have my rockers anymore, but if i did i would want them or sprungs on a pair of skates.

im more curious about sprungs though

I have never used rockers. They always seemed awkward and too heavy for liking, the ones I tried of course there may be exceptions. Beside I am a Mission advocate, and they have not used rockers soo... Dont fix it if its not broken.

Beside I am a Mission advocate, and they have not used rockers soo... Dont fix it if its not broken.

the ViBE system can be considered a rockering system.

I dont know how you would consider the Vibe a rocker. All the wheels were always on the ground.. From what ive seen, the bauer rockers only had 3 wheels on at a time?

the vibe would lift either the front or back wheel so in a way you can either have 4 wheels on the floor when your gliding and stopping or 3 wheels on the floor when your turning.

ps... BRING BACK THE VIBE

I didnt like the full Vibe. The second version wasnt bad only on the back wheel though.

Speaking of which I have a pair of 9.5 Wicked Lite Vibe that Im thinking about parting with, PM if interested.

Yeah shute is one of the few who still likes the Vibe. My friend hated it so much that he had his Wicked Vibes remounted with E-Frames, so I'm stuck selling it.

I have it up for grabs in the sell forum somewhere. It really was a great idea, except the mechanism was too bulky and scraped the ground.

Not to drift off the subject, but I had vibes on my VSi's....i broke them after about half a season and at the time i was like 140lbs. I would stop so hard that I would grind the vibe holders down on either side and eventually I destroyed the holders. I had to play the playoff games with broken skates before I mounted E frames on

I was on the rocker system for quite some time and didn't experience any major issues with them other than the rocker rusting up and not rockering (i.e. moving up and down with the corresponding shift in weight). needless to say the skates were discarded and a new pair was immediately purchased.