Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyplayah18

Tour Patriots

Heyy guys..so my hockey season is over and my buddy was talking to me about playin roller..so i decided to play and went to my LHS to buy some skates..I got the Tour Patriots, and damn are they ugly..haha but they were the best fitting..so my question is does anyone else wear these skates? I know they arent top of the line but does anybody have any input on these..even though i think they are one of the most unattractive skates i figured they were normal in the roller hockey world!

Thanks guys,

Drew

it may be a slight adjustment to the low cut tour boot, and the full 80mm wheel setup, but Tour are great skates.

the Tour Patriot is a Tour Code Red skate with different graphics, wheels and bearings. they're identical aside from that.

the code red includes Labeda Team USA micro hub wheels with micro abec 7 bearings.

the Patriot has Labeda Millennium grippers with standard abec 9 bearings.

i can't say much else besides that, i have 2 pairs of Tour Blue Max skates and i love them.

They were one of the better deals on hockey skates last season. Tour made them as their anniversary skate. Pretty similar to the beemers. I found the beemers to be slightly more comfortable, but you pay for that step up, and it might have been that the patriots break in fast anyways.

I had the SilverMaxes, which were the previous year's "special edition" Tour skate. Great skates, the only issue I really had with them was a cracking outsole. The skates, however, were still pretty solid. I sent them in under warranty and was told that not much could be done for me, but they did sell me a pair of Beemers at a hefty discount.

I haven't seen the skates in person, but if you've got a composite outsole, I wouldn't worry about it, as the Beemers have held up extremely well over the past 2 years.

i skated on tour's for a long time (now i'm on Bauer Vapor XR's) and i love Tours. My last pair was the RedMaxes and they were good skates, lower cut on the ankle than i wouldv'e liked and it took a little while to get used to all 80mm wheels coming from hi-lo's, but overall, i was very pleased with them. was looking at getting Patriots... what do you think of them?

I don't recall seeing them at the show but Tour does have a new inline goal skate that is pretty interesting.

i skated on tour's for a long time (now i'm on Bauer Vapor XR's) and i love Tours. My last pair was the RedMaxes and they were good skates, lower cut on the ankle than i wouldv'e liked and it took a little while to get used to all 80mm wheels coming from hi-lo's, but overall, i was very pleased with them. was looking at getting Patriots... what do you think of them?

To be honest i cant compare them to anything because ive been playing ice for 8 years so i havent really been into the roller world..except for the casual street hockey games with my friends..but from just putting them on and skating around they seem to be nice skates and they dont hurt much so we'll see when this roller league starts...im skatin in Vapor XX's for ice so there is a HUGE difference gap for me haha

Next time, as an ice player going to inline, you might look into sprung frames.

I second this. BTW, I just noticed how cheap the patriots are now. What a deal.

one of my buddies at my LHS says the sprung frames are a joke, but everything i've heard on this board is the opposite... i switch between ice and roller every week 2-3 times and i was wandering how much better Sprung frames would be over the current stock frame on my Bauer Vapor XR Lites.

I don't recall seeing them at the show but Tour does have a new inline goal skate that is pretty interesting.

When did you hear about this? When is it coming out? Finally, now NBH will no longer have the monopoly with their one skate on the roller goal skate market.

one of my buddies at my LHS says the sprung frames are a joke, but everything i've heard on this board is the opposite

did he elaborate on that?

i've noticed that people who have no idea what they're talking about, or have never tried a product are the first to give something a one-word review. "they suck" "they're shit" etc.

seems like nobody who have used the frames hate them. the only ones that don't like them are "i heard from a friend of a friend they suck" stories.

one of my buddies at my LHS says the sprung frames are a joke, but everything i've heard on this board is the opposite

i've noticed that people who have no idea what they're talking about, or have never tried a product are the first to give something a one-word review. "they suck" "they're shit" etc.

seems like nobody who have used the frames hate them. the only ones that don't like them are "i heard from a friend of a friend they suck" stories.

well the guy had never heard of them, just the concept of basically having two rockers like on the bauer skates made him think they sucked. i didn't think he knew what he was talking about because he had never seen or heard of them.

I got some sprungs put on my old vapor XV's a few weeks agao and i'm lovin them. I wear a size 6 vapor so a medium sprung will fit on there. Had to drill mostly new holes but was able to use a few origionals.

I'm also using 72's across the way and I find them just fine.

100_0672.jpg

ps - notice the customization of the skates, no bauer logo's

well the guy had never heard of them, just the concept of basically having two rockers like on the bauer skates made him think they sucked. i didn't think he knew what he was talking about because he had never seen or heard of them.

When I was getting my sprung frames mounted that was all I heard. Actually, where I got them mounted at the Toyota Sports Center they told me a few of the guys that worked there had taken their sprung frames off because they were so bad. This scared me, but I had faith in the posters on this board. I am happy with my sprung frames. Just goes to show you that people are scared of something new.

i had a pair of silvermaxes, which were basically code reds with a different graphic packaed/wheels. It was also the predecessor to the patriot as Tour's "special edition" skate.

Within a few months the outsole had cracked on my silvermaxes, as well as on a teammate's skates. Both of us are over 200lbs, and other (lighter) players I know have used red maxes without issue.

I upgraded to Beemers soon after, and they've lasted me over 2 years. Although stiffness felt fine on the silvers, the beemers were significantly stiffer, and when i tried to use the silvers for outdoor a month later, I wasn't able to do so. The Tours were the best fitting skates I've ever worn, but I have wide, thick feet.

just because one person has a different opinion, doesnt make the product suck... for my case, I dont like bauer, easton or tour skates. but they dont suck, its just a PP...

I have been using the Code E-2's for about a month now and I do like them. The boot is comfortable and I did not get any blisters. The boot is also stiff, and don't feel broken down at all. No lace bite either. Only negative is they make you feel like your more on your heels, but placing a 78mm wheel on front has helped with this.