Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z_wink

Cost to convert skates

I am probably going to buy some new ice skates soon and I would like to convert my older ccm 552 tacks to roller skates. but I would like to know how much it would cost to buy everything needed like bearings and wheels and if I should get it done by a profesionnal. I think I am going to buy the tuuk rocker from philbricks for cheap but I would like to know how much the rest would cost.

I converted a pair of CCM 552 Super Tacks to roller with a Red Star (Sherwood) E-Frame, T-Nuts and bolts. My situation was that I already had the skates and they were in good shape. I had bought them just before I got out of the sport for a while. I got the chassis cheap and I already had the wheels and bearings so I didn't have to put much money into it.

Rick Henry

All prices in Cdn:

These are the about the average cost that I've found

Mounting: $30

New set of Wheels: $80

New set of bearings: $50

It's a bit pricey, but if you want a customized setup this would the way to go.

wow that is quite a bit more than I expectd escpescially for the wheels and bearings. Is there a way I could make this cost less (used bearings, cheaper wheels and could I mount chassis myself).

how high end of skates do you want? Mounting is usually 25-40. bearings can run from 25-70 and wheels can range from 16-90.

They dont need to be very high end. ill just be playing in a small non competetive league that plays only once a week. and ill play in outdoor rinks just for fun during the summer.