Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notorious#29

Need New Bearings

I'm looking to get some new bearings. Right now I'm using Bsb ABEC 7's, but they are on their way out. So I'm deciding on whether to upgrade to Bsb swiss, or just get some new ABEC 7's. What I'd like to know is if the performance difference of the swiss bearings over the 7's is worth the extra $40.00. Anyone have any feedback, or other bearing suggestions?

My understanding is that performance difference is not noticable, but durability is. The swiss will last longer. I have abec7's in one skate and swiss in another, the swiss do out last the abec7's at least 2 to 1 in my skates. I am 165lbs, as I believe weight also affects wear.

My understanding is that performance difference is not noticable, but durability is. The swiss will last longer. I have abec7's in one skate and swiss in another, the swiss do out last the abec7's at least 2 to 1 in my skates. I am 165lbs, as I believe weight also affects wear.

why would you have different bearings in each skate?

i mean, i did that once but only because i got too lazy before a game to continue swapping bearings...

I am 165lbs, as I believe weight also affects wear.

But since it's the same weight for both bearings, wouldn't it not matter?(in this case). But you can't really compare durability to someone else who's heavier/lighter, but that's kinda cool how you did that to compare them (whether you meant it or not). For our benefit, of course :D

I am 165lbs, as I believe weight also affects wear.

But since it's the same weight for both bearings, wouldn't it not matter?(in this case). But you can't really compare durability to someone else who's heavier/lighter, but that's kinda cool how you did that to compare them (whether you meant it or not). For our benefit, of course :D

Yes, it was a scientific experiment solely for MSH'rs :lol: !

Sorry I didn't make my statement very clear. I have 2 pairs of skates with swiss in one pair, and abbec7's in the other pair. The fact that the swiss out last the abecs will hold true for anyone at any weight. The ratio by which they will outlast (yes) will definitely be differing depending upon the individuals weight (which is the purpose in stating my weight).

yea, go with the swiss, the mini's are the best money can buy. They are a ton better than the abec 9 mini bearings that came on my code 1's, half of them just stoped after the first game, i think their beevo so stay away from those.

So the only real difference between the 7's and the swiss is durability eh? Are there better performing bearings out there then ABEC 7's or 9's?

Forget BSB Swiss. Go for Bones Swiss, they are typically a skateboard company. The bearings are of better quality, will last longer, and I believe they are cheaper.

i went with BSB titanium,so far so good.like all good bearings -keep them clean,you keep them spinning.also look for a deal.every now and then you could find a good deal on bearings.