Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ItsAWar

11 inches?

The pic that i think you're looking at, where he's recovering to one knee (41) maybe makes the inside of the pad appear to be a part of the face of his pad... but either way, brodeur has always worn some of the smallest pads of any goalie, so i'd highly doubt that he's over the limit...

The pic that i think you're looking at, where he's recovering to one knee (41) maybe makes the inside of the pad appear to be a part of the face of his pad... but either way, brodeur has always worn some of the smallest pads of any goalie, so i'd highly doubt that he's over the limit...

He has always worn short pads, not thinner. That said, they look normal to me.

lol chadd you're always hating on me... i didnt say thicker or thinner, i said smaller... and compared to some of the monster pads that goalies were wearing in the past, they probably were thinner than some or even most... point is that the picture makes the pad looks wider than it is because of the angle...

http://www.uscho.com/pictorial.php/59/3/

I know they're 11 inch, I was there when they measured them before NCAAs started, but everything on this kid looks huge because hes so tiny, especially his blocker. Search around for some more pictures and you'll see. (Jeff Lerg, MSU) (he was however caught with 12 inch earlier in the year, although theres no real penalty for it, so nothing was done)

Well it also makes sense that shorter pads (ala Lergy and Brodeur) look wider compared to taller pads. Emery's for instance look really narrow, espicially compared to MB's.