Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

If You Have Some Time to Kill

Yea, I heard this like 4 days ago. It's 30 minutes long, but it's soooo funny it's worth wasting half an hour to hear it.

I've got a beautiful Monte Carlo and I wax it, and I wax it!

The guy stays in character very well, I feel bad for the guy who calls him up and takes him seriously.

I think the guy calling is actually serious about that he thinks radar can't pick up his sweet ride.

I think the guy calling is actually serious about that he thinks radar can't pick up his sweet ride.

I think it's fake because:

A. No one would ever say "knob nibble" and be serious about it.

B. When he starts talking about his mudflaps and chain steering wheel? Come on, it's a joke.

C. As it runs long, he begins to run out of cliched things to talk about, he starts repeating them.

Either way it's really funny. It may have been a caller playing a joke independently of the radiostation, but i'm pretty sure it's a joke.

I think it's fake because:

A. No one would ever say "knob nibble" and be serious about it.

B. When he starts talking about his mudflaps and chain steering wheel? Come on, it's a joke.

C. As it runs long, he begins to run out of cliched things to talk about, he starts repeating them.

Either way it's really funny. It may have been a caller playing a joke independently of the radiostation, but i'm pretty sure it's a joke.

I think that some is fake, like when the cop let his g/f finish on him, but some is real, like that he thinks the reason he doesn't get picked up is because his car is nice and shiny. The chain steering wheel is the funniest because it has nothing to do with it and he just said it out of nowhere.

Anyway, here's the low-down on Phil. He has a 'caller' call in and make up some outlandish story, then a real caller calls in and the "caller" picks a fight with the caller...

Most, if not all the time, it is Phil playing the part of the "caller." He has a switch which disguises his voice. Notice that the "caller" never interrupts Phil, and vice versa. He seems to stop talking right before the "other" one talks.

I think he should use the "Jim Trick" like Ricky instead of telling him to go catch a burgalar or rappist.

"I`m not sure if you know anything about the stealth bomber they probably wax that every day"

Actually Hendrie just ended a few minutes ago over here. Didn't listen to it tonight. I used to be a talk radio geek. I stopped listening to the good talk radio station here after ClearChannel dropped Stern. He's coming back, on an alternative rock station though.

Actually, the only thing I can stand listening to anymore on the AM besides sports radio is Phil Hendrie, but even then I sometimes have turn it off if he invents a character that's just too stupid. I think my favorite was the Beverly Hills restauranteur (sic?) who kept blabbing on about his boots made out of baby Seal Pelts or something, and was kicking out customers he considered too poor for his establishment.

Edit: I won't lie, I think that was the episode where I first figured out that the show wasn't entirely what appeared to be, good thing I never called in though.