Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

A scout on scouting

Link

On Frozen Blog is a blog by a couple of caps fans. This is an interview with a scout on the ins and outs of daily life as a scout, how he got into it, the glamour (or lack thereof)

Part one of two....good reading I think

A friend of mine went from NJ to the Sudbury Wolves in the OHL in the mid 80s. He was later drafted by the Nordiques and made it to the Show for his cup of coffee. When I watched him play in the OHL in Cornwall, Kingston, Belleville, and Hamilton it was very easy to spot the scouts in the stands. They would all sit in the corners about 20-30 rows up scattered apart and taking notes. Scouting is another job that sounds interesting but is hard work night after night. Smokey, thanks for the find.

A friend of mine went from NJ to the Sudbury Wolves in the OHL in the mid 80s. He was later drafted by the Nordiques and made it to the Show for his cup of coffee. When I watched him play in the OHL in Cornwall, Kingston, Belleville, and Hamilton it was very easy to spot the scouts in the stands. They would all sit in the corners about 20-30 rows up scattered apart and taking notes. Scouting is another job that sounds interesting but is hard work night after night. Smokey, thanks for the find.

Yeah, for as bad as the caps have been of late, there are some good bloggers in the area

yeah I saw a show once talking about scouting and one guy said that the scouts mostly sit in corners because you can really see the play develop from there.

That was a really great read. Next time I spot a scout, I'm definately buying him/her a coffee. Seems like a REALLY greuling job.

I wonder how their pay scheme works. Do you think they get a base salary, then some sort of compensation depending on how far their recommendations go? That seems the most likely case, and the fairest way.