Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FleuryJr29

NHL Goalies

From now or past. Because some of the old goal tenders I love. The only active to I love to watch are Kolzig and Hasek.

well when i was in the states on my holiday i got to see a few caps games all while kolzig was injured so i never got to see him play :(

as for hasek he is fun to watch but i was never sure there was anything in the way he plays, after trying it at training and stopping almost everything that was thrown at me my mind is changing....

grew up in canada. IN FACT, he attended the same high school i did. ( though, he didnt attend very long )

Hasek likes to flop around the net like a fish

He can because in his prime, he had the quickest feet of any goalie out there

I wouldn't say so...

Current flounders:

Tim Thomas, Chris Osgood, Hasek

Butterfly euros:

Lunqvist, Holmqvist, Lehtonen, Hedberg, Kolzig

*That's just off the top of my head(I'm sure there's more) and I'm pretty sure those guys are all from across the pond.

But I do know what you're talking about. A lot of euros tend to get kind of floundery when they get in trouble.

... I'm not sure why I was looking at the goalie board, but Olaf Kolzig is not a Euro goalie. He grew up, and had all of his hockey training in Canada. He plays for Germany internationally because he holds a German passport because his parents are German.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

This has been your hockey factoid of the day.

Born in South Africa

Giving the Conn Smythe to Giguere was one of the biggest mistakes in recent memory. Not only did it award the least athletic player in the league, it completely hamstrung the Rules Committee. They can't come out and call their Playoff MVP what he is - a cheater - without actually stripping the award first, nor can they simply outlaw each and all of his ridiculous equipment contrivances without making that implication painfully obvious.

Giguere's C/A and pants are no different than Tony Esposito wearing that mesh net between his thighs.

... I'm not sure why I was looking at the goalie board, but Olaf Kolzig is not a Euro goalie. He grew up, and had all of his hockey training in Canada. He plays for Germany internationally because he holds a German passport because his parents are German.

Whats your point...

Owen Nolan born in Ireland, and played for Team Canada

Brett Hull born in Belleville Ontario(Canada), and played for the U.S

Italian team goalie, born in Canada but played for Team Canada.

There are a lot of people in the NHL that do that.

Whats your point...

Owen Nolan born in Ireland, and played for Team Canada

Brett Hull born in Belleville Ontario(Canada), and played for the U.S

Italian team goalie, born in Canada but played for Team Canada.

There are a lot of people in the NHL that do that.

I believe those were his key points.

Dan Cloutier is fun to watch. But for all the wrong reasons.

Ryan Miller makes big saves and has a solid style. Very versatile goaltender who seems to use the strengths of all styles to his advantage.