Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FleuryJr29

NHL Goalies

I don't get this... are you asking what style you like or what goaltender you like watching?

I believe they all have good styles... they made it to the NHL.

And if you're talking about what goaltender has a good style how about you name two goalies that have the same style. The closest comparisons being with Fleury but he's soo active that he's really not THAT comparable to a montreal butterfly goalie.

I believe this thread would be more accurately named "What is your favorite current goalie?" or "What NHL goaltender do you like to watch?"

NOT HASEK!!!!!!

I think luongo has a good style and so does broduer

Hasek never gives up on a puck, there is something to be learned from that.

NOT HASEK!!!!!!

I was more intrigued by the fact that Luongo was mentioned but no other butterfly goalie was, yet Brodeur was mentioned... as well as making it obvious Hasek's style isn't liked. :rolleyes:

Luongo is a pure montreal butterfly style goalie, with quick hands and a large frame.

Brodeur is a hybrid half-butterfly goalie that flops with the best of them. I don't see how you could like Brodeur's style and degrade Hasek's when Brodeur does a good amount of flopping(of course not near as much as Hasek but Hasek's floundering also isn't an uncontrolled flop).

NOT HASEK!!!!!!

I was more intrigued by the fact that Luongo was mentioned but no other butterfly goalie was, yet Brodeur was mentioned... as well as making it obvious Hasek's style isn't liked. :rolleyes:

Luongo is a pure montreal butterfly style goalie, with quick hands and a large frame.

Brodeur is a hybrid half-butterfly goalie that flops with the best of them. I don't see how you could like Brodeur's style and degrade Hasek's when Brodeur does a good amount of flopping(of course not near as much as Hasek but Hasek's floundering also isn't an uncontrolled flop).

yea but everyone hates the redwings

NOT HASEK!!!!!!

lol that could have something to do with it! i play in a similar way to broduer hence i like his style i think luongo is very good at what he does but hasek just seems very uncontrolled and lucky, i was watching the wings ducks game on tsn last night and apparently hasek is very good at taking away both vertical and horizontal angles which would suggest why he still has a good save percentage.

last season the goalie from our local team rastislav rovnianek won the playoffs for us by playing like hasek so no complaints there! he stopped 7 of 7 penalty shots in the playoffs so it does show the style is good but not for your heart as a fan when he goes down you just wait for the team to roof it!

is it just me or is this style more prominent in europeans?

I wouldn't say so...

Current flounders:

Tim Thomas, Chris Osgood, Hasek

Butterfly euros:

Lunqvist, Holmqvist, Lehtonen, Hedberg, Kolzig

*That's just off the top of my head(I'm sure there's more) and I'm pretty sure those guys are all from across the pond.

But I do know what you're talking about. A lot of euros tend to get kind of floundery when they get in trouble.

thanks for pointing out the obvious that fleury is my fav goalie and soon fleury will be ONE of the best goalies in the nhl if not the best. o and i hope the ducks win the cup ^ wayne

NOT HASEK!!!!!!

is good but not for your heart

HAHA where have i heard that before ay Tom? :D

I wouldn't say so...

Current flounders:

Butterfly euros:

*That's just off the top of my head(I'm sure there's more) and I'm pretty sure those guys are all from across the pond.

But I do know what you're talking about. A lot of euros tend to get kind of floundery when they get in trouble.

... I'm not sure why I was looking at the goalie board, but Olaf Kolzig is not a Euro goalie. He grew up, and had all of his hockey training in Canada. He plays for Germany internationally because he holds a German passport because his parents are German.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

This has been your hockey factoid of the day.

Yeah, I didn't look up any of those guys backgrounds and really don't care. I thought he might have been from europe but wasn't sure. Key part of the post was:

I'm pretty sure those guys are all from across the pond.

:)

Hasek likes to flop around the net like a fish

He can because in his prime, he had the quickest feet of any goalie out there

I wouldn't say so...

Current flounders:

Butterfly euros:

... I'm not sure why I was looking at the goalie board, but Olaf Kolzig is not a Euro goalie. He grew up, and had all of his hockey training in Canada. He plays for Germany internationally because he holds a German passport because his parents are German.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

This has been your hockey factoid of the day.

Born in South Africa

I'm suprised no one has said Giguere, wins the conn smythe as a losing goaltender, this year if he shuts down the senators has another legit shot at winning it, not to mention Luongo even said hes the most technically sound goalie he's seen, my only concern is he comes out too far and gives up quirky rebounds.

He's big and fills a lot of the net, he's not a whole lot of fun to watch. I love watching active goaltenders, Fluery is probably my favorite... He's sooo damn fast, he's just fun to watch.

From now or past. Because some of the old goal tenders I love. The only active to I love to watch are Kolzig and Hasek.