Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FleuryJr29

Sticks

(basically im gonna try to keep it simple and to the point)this is here to comment on ur sticks u have had in the past and present and which one you would recomend

i got the sher-wood momentum stick (26 inch paddle) i loved it ,i had it like 5 days and played hockey everyday i had it and it broke so i think its a good stick but doesnt last at all

ohhhhhhh man.

NBH 4500

Do NOT get this stick. I mean you can, but you'll really, really regret it. ROLLER hockey pucks blew decent sized chunks (take your thumbnail, split it in half, then take the two halves to make a longish nail) out of the stick. (Almost) Every time. It's cheap, though, but definitely not worth it.

Vector 6.0

Tons better, really durable. I really like it when I go paddle down-just me, I guess. Whenever I take a good hard shot at the edge of the paddle, it dents it slightly, so looking at the paddle from up top vertically, it looks all curvy :D

Big fan of the TPS Exceed foam-core, i think it changed to the R6 for this year. I went through 2 of them during the winter season (2-3 times a week)

My reccomendation for having sticks last longer is to use one for warm-ups/practices and have one to use for games.

I currently have 2 CCM H-10's. Best paddle ever imo. Great balance of lightness, and durability. Big fan of the foam core style. Cheaper than composites, and just as good for what they're made for.

(10/10)

Also have a Christian Mike Dunham Custom (from ATL), and albeit a Super light, and thin and flexible paddle, the heel is already starting to cave after pretty light use. But it is light, and shoots the puck real well, it is a pro stock geared more for performance than durability. Another Plus is the paddle is about an inch or two taller than the H-10.

(9/10)

ok lets keep this short - ive got throught that many sticks and im not gonna post them all up i'll just do my top two -

Tps rubber and vector 6.0

the tps has lasted me two years of solid play 3-4 times a week. its durable, its lite and it looks good what more do you want.... and i got it for £30 :D , only one problem i used it with my very old blocker which was worn on the palm and the rubber started tearing :\ was good while it lasted though

The vector 6 ive only used for about two weeks so far, its even lighter then the tps and i find it incredibly easy to shoot the puck with it might just be me though, what i love most about this stick? its white :P already lots of puck marks making me look good lol

i break about a stick every two weeks. i cant go composite because of it. I love the sherwood 9950s and would recommend them to everyone. they are light and durable and keep their flex really well

I used to love christian 100s, very durable. Used them forever... Then I tried a H-6 and realized that the christians weighed about 20 lbs too much... Then I picked up a pro stock Eklund 590 and realized the h-6 was a piece of crap.

i break about a stick every two weeks. i cant go composite because of it. I love the sherwood 9950s and would recommend them to everyone. they are light and durable and keep their flex really well

Try Montreal sticks. I heard Martin Biron (while with the sabres) went twelve games with the nitro lite. Incidentally, he went on a twelve game winning streak, and lost the day he broke the stick.

i have used the original rbk 6k fleury..had a few broken ones...the curve is the best i have ever used...the worst i used was the sherwood composites...they broke left and right...

One of the guys at my LHS uses Montreal sticks, he loves them. You know he must because the shop doesn't do buisness with Montreal because it's a little more expensive and it's just not going to sell... So he buys his sticks online. He let me check it out and it feels solid like my christians but lightweight like my 590. If I still played goal and my 590 bit it I'd be looking to try a Montreal.

if you want a new stick everyother week i would go with the rbks, light and they have them in tons of colurs, but like i said they have the worst duabiltiy ever.

the original heaton helite-Z is by far my favorite stick ever.... they stopped making them so i stock piled up on the 25" broduers becuase this stick is just amazing. It is lighter than evern the new wood sticks out now and is amazingly durable. I am not a big fan of the new vector

I use to use the Koho 590 sticks and I absolutly loved them. I still have 1 unused Koho 590 that I have in my garage, and I have 2 of them that I still use. All in a Giguare curve (sorry for spelling). I also have a brand new RBK 6K stick and it seems like a great stick, even though I havn't used it yet.

Another thing, I like my goalie stick to be 27", witch is pretty big considering that I am only 5'11, is there anything wrong with this in your opinion?

I use to use the Koho 590 sticks and I absolutly loved them. I still have 1 unused Koho 590 that I have in my garage, and I have 2 of them that I still use. All in a Giguare curve (sorry for spelling). I also have a brand new RBK 6K stick and it seems like a great stick, even though I havn't used it yet.

Another thing, I like my goalie stick to be 27", witch is pretty big considering that I am only 5'11, is there anything wrong with this in your opinion?

Some may argue that in the butterfly that it would either put your blocker in a bad position or leave your stick out of position and leave the five hole open... In my opinion, whatever works for you. I'm 6'1 and I always liked a 26.5-27" paddle.

the bauer xxx is my new addition next to my pro return rbk 6ks..the first time i used it...it felt so light i felt like i had no stick wat so ever i got it on a inventory sale for 150 lets see how it long it holds up

Some may argue that in the butterfly that it would either put your blocker in a bad position or leave your stick out of position and leave the five hole open... In my opinion, whatever works for you. I'm 6'1 and I always liked a 26.5-27" paddle.

Oh I see, yea thats what people tell me, but i presonally dont find a problem with it.

then you don't need to worry about it. :)

As long as it's not effecting your game negatively there is no reason to change.