Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Helmet Question

Just curious as to what helmets offer the 'strapless' look to the back of masks like Ryan Miller's in their stock models? Or is this strictly a Custom thing. Or can this be done to Any setup?

You can do it either way, depending on the fit of your mask.

I've been using the gel since before it was known as version 1. (it used to be a different color than you see here)

::m

Every hockey store I've been to doesn't carry the Maltese Gel, is it one of those things that must be purchased online? If so, what is the website??

Maltese gel is gorgeous stuff. I just got my Gel Combo a few weeks ago, and it's been wonderful. I've probably tipped four or five guys onto Phil's work since then. Every guy I play pickup with is dissatisfied with his neck protection, and the second they see the Maltese Combo they become extremely interested.

I've never had a chance to feel out the helmet padding, but I can imagine how nice it much feel.

Thanks for the pics of the sewn-in straps, vision.

You can't do anything to a mask without affecting the certification, if you follow the rules to the letters. What was done to that backplate can be done whether you are using foam or gel.

::m

a thing aobut certification. custom masks are not certified. if they tell you they are, make them prove it. it would mean that every mask is individually certified, costing too much.