Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton Stealth S15 Initial Thoughts

Thanks to JR I also put the heel lifts under my Superfeet and used some 2 sided tape to make sure the stayed in place. It worked like a charm.

Thanks

JR

Can you talk about that heel lock for a bit? Out of the box, it grabs my ankle so tight it hurts the tissue just below my ankle bone. This is a real sensitive area for me, for some reason that area gets really irritated really fast. It is an issue with all my shoes. Just sitting in the store will cause me quite a bit of pain there.

My question to you is that once they are baked and they get nice and soft, will those heel ridges compress significantly? If I have a hot spot there, can they be punched out? It is the only thing keeping me from purchasing the S11's.

Well, one more item. 7's are too long and the 6.5 is probably too small on one foot. Can they be lengthening a 1/4 size?

Try to fit in the smallest size possible. You can always make a skate bigger, but you can't make it any smaller... You can punch it out if it's too snug even after baking/breaking in.

Try to fit in the smallest size possible. You can always make a skate bigger, but you can't make it any smaller... You can punch it out if it's too snug even after baking/breaking in.

I just need to know that the ridge inside the boot that goes around the ankle will loosen up quite a bit when baked. Like I said, I have serious issues with sensitivity in the ankles. It isn't normal, but there is nothing I can do about it.

sds -

It is meant to keep its shape, as it supports the ankle area. I'm afraid it will not soften up to your liking. Would the LHS be willing to bake it for you before you decide to buy?

sds -

It is meant to keep its shape, as it supports the ankle area. I'm afraid it will not soften up to your liking. Would the LHS be willing to bake it for you before you decide to buy?

hmmmm... is that done? It didn't think that was a possibility. I'm fairly good friends with the owner, but is that something I can legitimately ask for?

I wouldn't bother, as the ankle padding in the stealths is pretty solid...baking is not going to affect it in any significant way.

I've only been able to use my skates once so far (local rink closes for the summer), but I can't see the ankle area softening up until you have skated in them for at least a couple months (even then, probably not much). Maybe try different socks or insoles?

sds -

hmmmm... is that done? It didn't think that was a possibility. I'm fairly good friends with the owner, but is that something I can legitimately ask for?

Sometimes, it can make or break the sale. It doesn't have to be a full bake.

Sometimes, it can make or break the sale. It doesn't have to be a full bake.

I'll give it a shot. He did let me take some One90 demos home once and said I could use a hairdryer to soften them up... maybe he would do the same here.

Had a question about cracks and chips with these skates. I noticed that I had a small chip/crack on the toe of my skate after my game last night. Whats so strange is that if I rub my finger over it I cant feel it because it's inder the clearcoat of the s skate. Should I be concerned or not.

Hmm how soft does the linear feel on your feet becuase it looks like its really rough but is it actually soft.? And if i wore a 9.5 in the 1300's and it was comfortable would it be the same size in the S15? any help would be greatly appricated.

I find the liner to be great but I also wear OXYSOCKS. I love the skate but am now a bit concerned about the durability. How have your 1300's held up to impact from sticks, pucks and others?

They look fine and i wonder what are you still wating for...

On some old thread you also said something about pimping another pair of skates but you never revealed that one.. hell you did not even answered my pm cause i really wanted to know.

LS3? j/k

I see, thanks for helping me with that one.

While talking about the S15 skate, is the sizing different to the 1300c/1500c sizing? They arent available here yet, so i cant try em on. Afaik, i was fine in a 9W 1300c skate back then.

I see, thanks for helping me with that one.

While talking about the S15 skate, is the sizing different to the 1300c/1500c sizing? They arent available here yet, so i cant try em on. Afaik, i was fine in a 9W 1300c skate back then.

i tried some 1300C's before getting my S11's. i fit into a 7R in the 1300C and ended up buying 7.5R S11. the heel lock feels completely different from the 1300C.

Wore a 1/2 size smaller in the S15. A D width S15 was too wide for my foot. A D width XXX is a bit snug in the forefoot. However, the width being too large in the S15 may have led to it fitting the 1/2 size smaller. As much as I would have liked, the S15 just isn't for my foot.