Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton Stealth S15 Initial Thoughts

Are the heels narrower than the 1500c? I noticed that while trying them on. Is it just because of the think padding? I assume that my heel will fit in once they are baked?

siko, i never wore the nike flexlite, but i have in the past worn the nike quest 1's, and loved them since they were a higher cut boot. the original synergy's were higher cut and i liked them alot, then i had the 1300's which i liked but were lower cut and caused some ankle pain. so far my s-15's are the closest skates to the quest 1's and i absolutely love em. in fact i bought a spair pair and am saving for a second spare so i'll be wearing the s-15's for quite a while.

Good Lord,someone has cash to throw around. That was one expensive investment.

Skates still beautiful, just wondering what was it you had in mind for them maybe someone could photoshop it so you can know what your missing out on. :P

Is it worth the extra money to upgrade from S11 to S15? I tried them both on and they both fit pretty well (great once theyre baked), I'm on the ice 3-5 times a week.

I had the ankle pain with the 1300 also. Had to get rid of them. Went to flexlites and have been very happy but looking for something new soon. It may be the s15 but still a little gun shy due to the pain of the last eastons. Expensive mistake. If I do get the I will be sending them to JR :) for some pitch holders because I hated the RBII holders.

Skates still beautiful, just wondering what was it you had in mind for them maybe someone could photoshop it so you can know what your missing out on. :P

I was trying to get black PITCHs but didn't have my size. Oh well. It would've looked sick.

black pitch 3s would have looked great, the skate lines would have flowed soo nicely. The black likes on the skate look like they are plundging off the boot and just stop, the black holders would have made it look like they continued into the holder and back around to the front of the skate... Or mirrored off the boot, if you will.

The lining seems pretty abrasive - does it soften up? I prefer to skate barefoot, and I get the impression that these skates would rip my ankles to shreds...

...not that it really matters, anyways - the 'R' is a just a tad too 'W' for me, if you know what I mean. Damn shame - they seem like a solid pair of skates.

I just got these skated in them earlier today they are great only thing i had a problem with was the toungues on them. I knew that they would be stiff but they are really stiff compared to my old Vector Pro tougues. im guessing that over time it will loosen up but if not does anyone know if custom white felt bauer tounges will fit on the S15's?

Was anyone going to post a review on this skate in the skate review section. Maybe this is premature to ask being that the skate has not been out long enough. I just wanted to post this so some of you dont forget as well as try to hijack this thread.

I was trying to get black PITCHs but didn't have my size. Oh well. It would've looked sick.

stealth.jpg

why are people so dumb JR cleary just said this is for HIS review and if you have questions to start a thread and you friging ask a question like WOW how dumb can you be man.

I tried these things today at Sport Check, they are extremely light, so much so I opened the box to make sure they where both in there :lol: ... They look like they are better then the 1500's, very well put together... The fit is amazing, the heel is really locked, I felt no pain in the store and the flex seems descent... My only concern in terms of fit was how my feet felt in the toe area, tad wide but it would be interesting to see how that would translate to ice...

Being the cheap a$$ that I am or have become, I was flabbergasted by the price, I had never seen them in person before so I was surprised, I picked em up at first to look at them, I had a drink in my hand so I took a sip and on the way down i saw the price and the sip came out of my nose :huh: 849.99$ Cad, man Easton never fails to set the bar in terms of gear prises, I hope that this skate fails to sale for this reason...

And i forgot to Add, I like the tongue, seems like a similar but better version of the one90...

Very good -

Went and skated in Canada this weekend - I think I have figured out my problem. Due to the fact that I am not lacing the top eyelet and I have the PITCH setting at +1, it is pushing me too forward, and why my toes are crunched in the front. Putting it to N will solve that.

They are really working out well. I should have a review on both skates up pretty soon.

djinferno, being that Sport Check is a mall retail store I'm sure they have them marked up far more than your LHS. Not sure what the exchange rate is at this time but they are selling for $530.00 or so here in the states.