Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

Need opinions on wheels....

Which wheels would you choose for a blacktop surface? I have been using Hyper 150's on a Sprung setup and they seem to be wearing down pretty quickly. I have been considering Hyper 250 Pro's in 82A or 84A, Labeda Asphalt wheels or even something in the Rink Rat offering. I just don't want to sacrafice a smooth ride for durability.

Thanks

Rick Henry

RR will not hold long on asphalt, try some Revision Factory Ghosts, available at Hockey Giant

Saba, are you serious? We're talking about asphalt here. First off, there is no Revision Factory Ghost on hockeygiant. There is an Axis Ghost, and the wheels are a 74A, which is needless to say, an indoor wheel. Second of all, they will not hold up longer than Rink Rats. Just because you use MB816s that are too soft for you and break all the hubs doesn't mean that Rink Rats don't last.

Outdoor wheels are outdoor wheels. There are not that many you can go with, besides the Hyper Pro 150,250, Labeda Asphalt, and Rink Rat World Cup. Regardless, on asphalt, all wheels will get chewed up, so don't expect too much out of them; try eBay and see if you can get a big lot of them; 6 bucks a piece for wheels that will last less than a month probably isn't the best investment. If you must though, the Hyper 250 isn't bad at all.

the best out door wheels I ever had came on a pair of nike inlines. they lasted forever. I wish i knew what they were

cheapest ones you can find. Chances are since you are playing on asphalt, you would be using a low end skate. Having wheels that is more expensive than the skate itself just doesnt make sense.

I would use some sherwood skates or something, and some of my old wheels from indoor, or find some wheels from a recreational skate (just dont tell the wife!)

I have been using Rink Rat World Cups to play outdoors and skate around campus (Ohio State) for about a year now and they are still holding up great. I would definately recommend them.

Hey thanks mister know it all. I use MB816 inside only and a mix of World Cups and Revision Axis Ghost outside. Sorry mister perfect but HG had them on sale for a while, looks like they no longer carry them.My frickin bust. But hey a 10 second goodle search turned up with Inline Warehouse has them in stock and they are 84A douchebag...plenty hard for outdoor asphalt.I dig my rink rats but they are not the only quality wheel around

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=RVAG

I prefer the Labeda Asphalts because they practically last forever. Like I said in a previous post, I skated on a set of Asphalts everyday for a month and they only began to show serious wear on the second week! Granted, I do skate on some very smooth asphalt, but I'm definitely an aggressive skater. Hope this helps!

You're quite welcome, Saba. Glad to be of some use. I guess I should take offense to being twice called Mister Something-Or-Another? Oh, no, my fricken bust, that's right, I'm a douchebag. I don't have feelings.

I actually happen to know a good bit about roller hockey, since it is my favorite thing to do, and I have lots of free time. The reason why I pointed out your mistake was because you're the one who is constantly complaining on each thread containing the words "Rink" and "Rat" about how you busted your 76A MB816s and want replacements from Mike Hunt, but he won't answer your emails. If you hadn't given me such a bad impression, I wouldn't have been such a "douchebag."

And now that you have given me a bad impression, I believe I will continue about why your argument has no basis. First of all, a "10 second goodle search" would not have linked me to said "Revision Factory Ghost" wheels, "Available on Hockey Giant." I damn well knew that there is no "Revision Factory Ghost." I also damn well knew that the wheel was called the Revision Axis Ghost, is white/purple, and is 84A. Why didn't I just say that? Because you've given my a bad impression with both your inaccuracy, but also your attitude towards my comment. If I had followed your perfect instructions, I would have wound up on www.goodle.com and searched, if possible, for Revision Factory Ghost, which probably would, or course, not be the wheels we're talking about.

And as a matter of fact, Saba, but popular group concensus, for indoor hockey, Rink Rats own the floor. For polished cement, Rink Rats own the floor. However, for asphalt, the hardest, cheapest wheel is the one you want. That's all I can say. With all of the sharp turns and stops used in hockey, no elastic material will last long.

There's no need for you to get all huffed and puffed about some words that I said. Maybe next time you'll watch what you say. I actually happen to be very near perfect, at least when it comes to areas of hockey equipment in which I am knowledgable. Sorry I broke your crayons, but when you give advice that is less than useful, you're really not being very productive.

Touche.