Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbquakes5

Best Chassis

I've experimented with most chassis out there. For me the best so far has been the Mission MG chassis from my HE10000's. But I think the best answer is it depends on your skating style and preferences. The quick answer for me would be the Mission MG because it probably works the best for the greatest amount of people.

The Hummer is also good. It gives a lot more grip on turns and starts; however it slowed down my first couple of steps. It took more effort to get started and I found myself more tired after games when using the Hummer.

You also can't go wrong with the red star alloy but for me it was not forward pitched enough. For whatever reason I skate better with a boot and chassis that puts me more on my toes.

I also tried the Tuuk Rocker chassis for a while. It was a little unstable transitioning from forward to back but it made switching from Ice to Roller much easier.

Haven't tried the sprung but I'd imagine it's similar to the rocker. In the pictures of higher end tournaments I've seen I haven't seen too many top players stick with them, so take that for what it's worth.

I tried the Sensor for a while also. I found the 76 wheel up front got in the way at first then when I got used to it, it helped with grip on push off but also seemed to slow me down just a bit my first two steps or so.

I would pick the Mission MG as my favorite because it works best for me. I like to be on my toes, it is super light, and allows me the quickest starts. I'm a slower player, so the loss of acceleration with the Sensor and Hummers hurts me more than probably other people. Others may prefer to give up a fraction of a second for more grip and stronger stopping power in favor of the Hummer.

well, it seems to me a lot of people on here will suggest the sprung, because it acts and feels most like a ice skate.

i, personally do not want a chassis that acts and feels like an ice skate, because i havent ice skated in about 11 years so i want a rollerblade that acts like a rollerblade.

I'm eventually going to try a sprung because it looks intruiging and a guy on my hockey team ( geegee2626 or something on here ) loves it.

but for now, I really like the mission vanguard chassis. like go kindgs was saying, its a more aggressive pitch, and youre on your toes more.. but you get going quicker and at least i feel my top end speed is higher than before.

at first i felt TOO far forward, but once i adjusted im flying around out there.

The only chassis that I've used recently are the TriDi from a RBK 4k skate and the Red Star E-frame mounted on Easton 1300C. I prefer the E-frame, the pitch keeps me on my toes but not too far forward.

I also have a set of One90s that I'm looking to convert and right now I'm leaning towards picking up a set of Sprungs to put on them but I feel like the one90 boot might be overkill as the Sprung isn't exactly a lightweight chassis.

Red Star Alloy, or any of the Mission MG's frames would be my bet.

Haven't tried the Vanguard yet, but shouldn't it be more similar in pitch to the Red Stars (than hi-lo missions) since it has bigger wheels in front, or did they make up for that?

Sprungs for me. The stability, manueverability, and stopping on them is better than any other chassis I've tried (Hummer, Hi-Lo, Kuzak Split, Tuuk Rocker).

I skate in sprungs now. They are better than the Tuuk Rocker in my opinion for feel. If you want aluminum though any Labeda frame (Pro Extreme, Da Bomb, Sensor)will do. Nothing out there compares to them.

I got a mag vanguard that I'd sell, but its a medium...

My personal preference would be the second gen. mag chassis on the 10k's. Drop dead gorgeous and a sweet ride that I haven't felt on any other skate. Go with the original hi-lo's.

tryandstopme

Sprungs for me. The stability, manueverability, and stopping on them is better than any other chassis I've tried (Hummer, Hi-Lo, Kuzak Split, Tuuk Rocker).

What's the Kuzak Split frame? I haven't even heard of that.

I got a mag vanguard that I'd sell, but its a medium...

My personal preference would be the second gen. mag chassis on the 10k's. Drop dead gorgeous and a sweet ride that I haven't felt on any other skate. Go with the original hi-lo's.

tryandstopme

What's the Kuzak Split frame? I haven't even heard of that.

what is the chassis off of? might be interested.

Going on what its name implies, the split frame could be similar to a v-form or something...

My vanguard is from a Wicked 1 skate.

If I remember correctly, the Kuzak Split frame was just a "hi-lo" chassis from back in the day before Mission had the dual-plane frame patented. Can't remember what sizes it used but it may have used 76/68s or something weird like that. I also can't remember any skates that came with it factory installed now that I think about it. Might have been aftermarket only.

I guess it was a knock-off of the hi-lo then, eh? Come to think of it, I had a buddy that had a Kuzak frame on some Easton skates, they could've very well been those "split" frame Kuzaks.

I could be wrong but I think they were the only frame Kuzak made so those Eastons probably had them.

A buddy of mine has a pair of the Kuzak Split Frames and as far as I can tell the big advantage was that it lowered your center of gravity and you skated pretty close to the surface kind of like the E-Frame but with smaller wheels.

I think the Split Frame is 76mm in back and 68mm in the front but I might be wrong.

Rick Henry

the kuzak split is my 2nd favorite chassis next to the sprungs. the original version of the split was 76/68 and it was low profile. i liked the neutral pitch and maneuverability (especially when playing D) on that frame. if your style is quick bursts/stop starts, then its a nice choice. if you're all about top end speed, then not so much.

you could dremel a bit off of the back stabilizer struts on the rear of the frame and fit a 80/72 wheel setup on it. later incarnations of the split frame came from the factory with thinner struts so you didn't have to worry about doing the dremeling if you wanted to go with the bigger wheel setup.

kuzak made other frames other than the split including a few straight frames.

Yeah those 955's were nice. I got my Kevlar 755's when they first came out and really wanted some of the 955's the next year but they were just too expensive.

Rick Henry