Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whjs416

need help Big TIME on picking a shaft

whats up someone please help i have an easton ultra light 110 flex i am looking to get another shaft something with a 85 or regular flex i like the mission shafts witch ones are good i am looking for durable and light any other opinions on other shafts are welcome i wanted to get the bauer vapor xxx light but more and more people are saying they are not durable at all so i have kinda shyed away from it

I used to use a Ultra Lite 110 and now use a Easton Synergy II 100 Flex. It's more expensive but I think it's worth it. It's really lite and longer than the Ultra Lite (I'm 6'3"). It's a lively shaft. My shots are definitely harder. I've had it for about 6 months and have had no duability problems. Oh yeah, it's a tapered shaft.

FWIW, I know a few guys who use the Mission L-2 shaft and they love the shaft but not the blades it comes with (durability). I think the L-2 is being discontinued though but I think you can get a good deal from hockeymonkey.com. It's a tapered shaft also.

a few good shafts are:

standard:

Warrior Ak-27

Nike Bauer One90

Bauer Endure

Tapered:

Warrior Dolomite

Easton Synergy 2

all of these shafts have good durability and good performance

Correct me if I'm wrong but the One90 shaft is tapered right. At least thats what it says on hockeymonkey

One90 shafts are standard, at least the ones that I've seen at my LHS.

Also, I just got my Warrior AK-27 with a Kovalev AK27 blade in the mail today. I'll be giving it a whirl tomorrow to see how it performs.

I would go with either a Warrior Dolomite (tapered) or Warrior AK-27(standard). I have been using Warrior/Innovative for about 6 years now and would never switch to another stick. The durability and the feel are unbeatable in my opinion.

well i would probally try the vapor XXX but if you dont want to try that i would go with the one90 shaft. or even try out a warrior

if you can still find one i would go with the tps redlite xn10.

Seconding this or old-school Mission Ethers if you can still find some.