Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cook22

sweat in glove

After practice yesterday i noticed that because of all the sweat dripping in my glove it was hard to close it. also whan i took a shot the glove almost slid off. any ideas on how to stop this from happening.

I've heard of a few people having very good success with UnderAmour (or WSI, can't recall) wrist-bands. Anything sweat-wicking that wraps the wrist should do; even an old-fashioned terrycloth one should do.

There's also the possibility that your gloves are simply too big for your hands. I found that out the hard way. If you can, try to get your gloves to a store that has NHL-spec and pro-grade intermediate-sized gloves, and compare them. I'm much happier with my Int. Bionic than I ever was with a senior size: better control, better feel for the puck. Granted, the Bionic is pretty big for an Int. glove, but you may find a similarly happy halfway point between too small and too big.

Then again, it may just be a sweat issue; in which case, the wrist-bands are the way to go. Just squeeze them out between periods, and maybe keep a towel on the top of the net (or on the bench) for wiping off your hands when you have a second.

What gloves are you using now?

i am using smiths, i like them and when there is no sweat i can close them nicly, its just after a while i feel my hand slip when i try to close it

Tighten down the wrist strap maybe? Might not be an option for you as you might not like the feeling. You can try a wrist band tho, like Law Goalie said, a standard terry cloth one should be helpful but you might need to have more than one to swap out between periods otherwise you might just find that things are fine until the sweat starts squeezing out.

::m

I picked up two pairs of under armor wrist bands, you know, the ones that are by the checkout counter. Nothing too high-tech (although I DID pick UA over Nike), and you'll see they get pretty soaked during the game.

I did it because my gloves got all slimy when they got sweaty, but they never got to the point where they came off, though.

i get the exact same problem with mine, im in a goalie camp now and since im heading into the last day near every shot i have to use my glove on i have to reposition on my hand again. how well do those wristbands work for keeping sweat out???

They're like two dollars, 3-4 for the UA ones. Depends if your arms sweat a lot, really. If you're a person who happens to have bone-dry arms, then don't wory about it.

Bottom line-It's not that expensive, but it's really your choice. Ideal scenario would be to find some already in your house, or a sibling already has some.

Or just wear sleeves when you play. But honestly, batting gloves are nice in helping your sweaty hands get a better grip...just like ppl wear them for baseball. I think they actually make a special goalie undergloves that's close to batting gloves.

wrist bands, work i also knew a guy who weres baseball bating gloves , lunquist from the rangers did aswell. some gloves have a ruber grip in them now like the vectors im selling

Or just wear sleeves when you play. But honestly, batting gloves are nice in helping your sweaty hands get a better grip...just like ppl wear them for baseball. I think they actually make a special goalie undergloves that's close to batting gloves.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/tpsginglvsr.html

that is basiclly the same thing as baseball batting gloves "fingerless"

but its just pp on what ya wanna do

i went to spain recently to play hockey. its pretty wierd.

but the people there, they use like linnen gloves so theyre gloves dont get all sweaty and smelly. its really wierd. but it works. you wash your little linnen gloves and then your hockey gloves dont get stinky..

I like to use batting gloves. I find the sweat coming from my palms and not so much my arms so the wristbands don't help me. Plus Batting gloves help to eliminate glove odors since you can dry them seperately from a bulky glove. Personal preference, of course, but you asked for opinions and comments.

but the people there, they use like linnen gloves so theyre gloves dont get all sweaty and smelly. its really wierd. but it works. you wash your little linnen gloves and then your hockey gloves dont get stinky..

That is honestly one of the best tips I have ever heard. I am going to stop on the way home from work and pick some up.

That is honestly one of the best tips I have ever heard. I am going to stop on the way home from work and pick some up.

I've tried the linen gloves and even thin knit ones here in Thailand. Saw Thai kids using them. I felt uncomfortable in them because the gloves felt loose and slippery. I know it's PP, but the leather on leather of batting gloves and goalie gloves prevents the slippage and reduces odor. If the batting gloves get too rank, you just toss them and get a new pair...I am sure you can get realtively inexpensive ones. Hope this comment helps