Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Nike/Bauer 4 Roll

NikeBauer Pro 4-Roll Gloves

Fit - Another snug fit at the fingers and loose fit around the cuff, this fits my criteria. I said before that I would probably go for the One90's but they ended up being too tight and I didn't like the feel of the receptors. Fits very nice.

10/10

Weight - Definitely no Vapor XXX or a Supreme One90. All that padding does kind of make it a little tougher to move around freely and it takes a bit to get used to if you've been using lighter gloves. 8.5/10

Mobility - Lots of wrist movement (just a personal preference) and once you work the palms in a little, it feels great. The flex-lock thumb also adds to the comfort. 9.5/10

Break-in - Didn't take too long. For me it took about 2 games to get them feeling soft. 10/10

Protection - This is what makes the glove heavier. Quite possibly the most protective mitts I've used, I've been slashed several times and felt nothing. Also comes with the flex-lock thumb so that helps too. 10/10

Durability - So far so good. The palm is holding up very well and the shell itself is not too shabby but like most other nylon gloves, it's bound to deteriorate faster than leather or portofino etc;. The embroidery is also holding up good, I don't see any frays or loose strings. 9/10

Intangibles - Absolute tanks, pretty easy to move in and what else is there to say? You don't pay as much as the other top end gloves (exception of TPS R8 gloves) but you still get top quality. NBH did a smart move of bringing back the SDP. Another wicked thing about these puppies is that they have 4 vent holes at the back hand. Truthfully, I can say that my hands are at best moist at the end of a game and sometimes you can feel the nice cool breeze flow thru the glove when you're skating.

Conclusion - Cheap, protective, mobile. What more can you ask for?

Final Score: 9.5/10

Nike Bauer 4 Roll Glove Review

Fit - with all the new "flashy" space gloves out there, I found a hidden gem in the 4 Rolls. I do prefer the older style gloves, meaning high volume within the glove with the traditional look (some of the gloves look "out of this world"). There is ample room in the glove for wrist mobility. The fingers are shorter than other gloves, and are thinner too. I have smaller hands, yet the 14" glove fits my finger length. Double check if you have big fingers.

9/10

Weight - I find they are as light as some other competition, thanks to the use of the knit material. Even though not as light as some Eagles, MIA and Warrior gloves, they're not as bad as some full leather gloves.

8/10

Mobility - lots of room for wrist movements, very, very generous volume. Not your style if you need protection around the wrists or there are many hackers around you.

9/10

Break-in - Quick. Damn quick. With the clarino palms and the knit material, there is not much needed to break in the glove. In fact, you may find that it breaks in too quick that you will not think of the glove after the first game.

10/10

Protection - With extra poly inserts throughout the glove, plus use of high density foam, it's a very strong glove. You may not want your friends to hack you to see...but I did. Worked great.

10/10

Durability - Knit works well, although watch out for cuts, as it will unravel. Clarino palms are great, doubled layered, but it will wear faster than other synthetics or real leather. I love kangaroo leather in my old gloves, and with the Australian government culling some of the population, I may upgrade with that in the future.

8/10

Intangibles - I'm a traditionalist with the looks of my hockey equipment, so finding this glove with the level of protection and quality of make made me smile. Plus, since I work at the store, I gots me a discount. Love the breathe ability of the glove with vents in the 4 rolls area, plus the extra mobility in the thumb with the Flex-Lock thumb. I love dry-fit material from Nike, and the glove feels like a cloud on my hands. The vented materials (almost like mesh) around the fingers make the glove so damn airy. I play defense and take a lot of hacks and haven't had problems. If you, like me, are looking for a traditional fit glove with a great construction and materials...you could aways buy these gloves. If not...try the CCM Vector 10...I couldn't even put them on without pain.

11/10

Conclusion - great glove. Love the protection, breathe ability and the fit.

Final score - 9/10 (10/10 if I could take off the Nike Swoosh)

Cheers

Nike-Bauer Pro 4-Roll Review

Fit- It definitely is a new fit for me, but all I can say is WOW. I have smallish hands so the shorter fingers fit excellent, and the wrist mobility is a great addition too. I had to go down a size, as I usually wore 14's previous to these gloves, but I don't think I'm a fan of the tighter CCM and Vapor line so going to a 13" in the 4-Rolls was a choice I'll never regret.

10/10

Weight- As these are my first "expensive" pair, I've been using pretty low-end gloves to begin with. With them on I don't really notice them on, much like my previous set of gloves. I have compared with the Vapors and there definitely is a difference in store, but can't say so on the ice as I haven't used them (the Vapors) myself.

9.5/10

Mobility- As a fan of lots of room in the wrist, I can't really complain. I use slash guards so the protection around the wrist (or lack thereof) is not a problem for me.

10/10

Break-in- Almost non-existent. Compared to the crap palms on low-end gloves, the Dura-Soft palm is great- feels like butter and very soft to start with.

10/10

Protection- Poly inserts really help in a beer-league with a lot of stick-work. You definitely can't feel 90% of slashes to the hands, which is one of the biggest reasons why I got this set.

10/10

Durability- I'm not a heavy user on gloves. I usually replace my gloves after a year or two when they get really grungy, and develop a hole in my top hand. I've had a few threads come undone, but no crazy damage. I placed a small patch of duct tape where I usually get holes, and it's working like a charm.

8.5/10

Intangibles- You really cannot argue how good of a deal these gloves are. I paid 120 tax in for these at my LHS, and that is about 50-70 dollars less than other top end line gloves. I was debating between these gloves, the R8 Lite Pro Stocks, and the Eagle x72 PPFs. I really really couldn't spend 200+ on the Eagles. The R8 Pros were just a tad longer in the fingers, otherwise I think I would've gotten those. But then again they were 20 more. So I suppose the best deal for a glove was to be had with the 4-Rolls. The protection is second to none. I love the traditional 4-roll designs of the Eastons (mmmm) RBK/CCM Pro stocks, and the Eagles. I also prefer the NBH logo to the old Bauer cuff ( :P ) To be honest I don't really notice the vents keeping my hands dry, so that is really a non-factor. The big things for me are the protection, and only 120? Too good to pass up for a top-end glove.

9.5/10

Conclusion- The best deal (did I already say that?) for a top-end glove. Protection is unbelievable, and if you're a fan of the fit you can't go wrong.

9.5/10 (not an average)

Nike Bauer Pro 4-Roll Gloves 13"

a little background on me:

5'8"ish, 165lbs

many years of beer leagues, the odd tournament, is my playing experience

Fit - These gloves, IMO, are a very loose fit overall. They seem to fit my fingers very well, and I don't have the biggest hands. I tried on the One95, and they fit too much like a winter glove - too tight. I am coming from CCM Vector 4.0 gloves, which were not for me. I really like the loose fitting gloves, and for me these are great. I found the padding on the top of the glove took a couple wearing to get used to, but now I don't notice it much. They are also a shorter glove, which is what I prefer too. 10/10

Weight - These gloves I would say are middle of the pack for weight. They are not really heavy, yet definately not the lightest glove out there. I am not overly picky when it comes to weight though. 9/10

Mobility - The shorter cuffs make mobility easy. The palms are super soft, and the glove itself is not very stiff. The One95 glove I would say feels more mobile off the rack, but really there are no mobility issues at all with these. 9.5/10

Break-in - For me, there was virtually no break-in period. As stated above, the super soft palms help in terms of breaking in, and I think the short cuffs help too. 10/10

Protection - I would say these are probably one of the top protective gloves on the market. Especially for a retail version, I can't see me ever worrying about this aspect. There is lots of padding on the back of the hand, and it took maybe 1 or 2 skates to get used to this. 10/10

Durability - Coming from leather to the nylon outers, I figure there won't be any issues. I imagine over time the nylon must be subject to small cuts or tears, but no more so than leather. They have held up just fine. I was worried maybe about the palms because they are so soft, but am confident now that will not be an issue. They are sewn together without any flaws. I have a feeling I'll be owning these for quite some time. 10/10

Intangibles - The colour scheme on these gloves is sharp. I have the Toronto coloured ones. The 4 rolls have a very traditional look to them, as well as being simple. A lot of the newer style gloves have all these different fits, and looks. The protection these gloves offer is second to none. Also, for the price (pd new $75 cdn), these gloves offer as much mobility, protection, and comfort as any $200 priced glove I looked at or tried on. The pro 4 rolls also feature vent holes on the back of the glove. Some have said you can feel the air flowing over your hand, but I have not noticed this.

Conclusion - After spending much time trying on, and shopping for the right gloves for me, these are it. For the price of these, you can't go wrong. I would recommend these to anyone who is looking for a sharp, simple looking glove with an emphasis on protection and mobility.

Final Score: 9.5/10

Bauer 4 Roll Glove Review

Fit - I have never had a traditional fitting glove before this and I adjusted very quickly. It wasn't too lose at all and felt just right.

9/10

Weight - I have never really though about the weight of the gloves but now that I do they are fairly light. They aren't the very lightest but they aren't heavy at all.

8/10

Mobility- Being that it is a traditional fitting glove there is room to move and I love mobility in my gear and these certainly not a disapointment.

10/10

Break-in - The break in was majic almost no time at all by the time I had gotten to my practice the night I bought them by working them very little and It felt like I had been wearing them for a month. This was probably more noticable In my case because I was coming from an easton S7 which had some synthetic leather.

10/10

Protection - This was my first glove with inserts and I love them! I've been slashed, hooked, and even once hit my hand into the post and the gloves protected me like a suit of armor.

10/10

Durability - All around I feel I have gotten my moneys worth shooting many day in the back yard, a full highschool season, 5 travel practices, two seasons of rec league, and a season of inline rec league I have only gone through the first layer of the palm which I was VERY happy about. My only concern Is around the vents the nylon started to rip and has unraveled a bit. I have not seen this in any others so I'm assuming It's fairly rare but I do take good care of my stuff.

7/10

Intangibles - I must say I love these gloves! The vents are very nice and these are the most comfortable gloves I have ever worn with the padding on the back of the hand which I find to be one of my favorite parts of the glove.

10/10

Conclusion - If you love traditional 4 roll gloves or even coming from anatomical fitting gloves like me chances are you will love this glove. The comfort and mobility is second to none. Slight durability issues but with the amount of use they have gotten it's no surprise.

Final score - 9/10

Bauer Pro 4 Rolls Black 13"

Fit - Very Nice fit, Tight on the fingers, loose on the wrist and cuff. Perfect for mobile hands. I had the one95's before this glove, it ended up being too tight, so i ditched them and picked up a pair of 4 rolls.

10/10

Weight - They really aren't "heavy", I can't even notice them on my hands, they are the perfect glove in my opinion, I've never really used "light" gloves, except for eagles i guess back in the day. But the do still feel good enough not to say they are obnoxious 9/10

Mobility - Great, the flex lock thumb is the reason i won't use any other brand, the mobility in your thumb is the best feeling in the world while stick handling. No strain on the cuffs either, great glove. 10/10

Break-in - Took just about one practice to get into the glove. 10/10

Protection - Nice, bulky, good looking gloves come at a price. This is why they are on the heavy side, very protective, been slashed countless times and have felt nothing. 10/10

Durability - I've used my gloves for two season and there are no holes or stresses in the palm at all. 10/10

Intangibles - Love these things, very cheap for a top of the line Bauer glove. Wouldn't trade em for the world. 10/10

Conclusion - Cheap, GREAT style, protective, freedom of mobility. Best gloves.

Final Score: 10/10

Bauer Pro 4 Rolls - 1 year review

Size - 13"

Skill Level B Level/High C

Other Gloves Used - Reebok Pro Stock 4 Rolls/852, Warrior Dolomite

Fit/Design - Very comfortable, loosing fitting around the hand and a little tighter around the fingers but not very. Comfort foam on the top hand for added comfort and feel. Ventilated at the top for air flow and it definitely comes in handy during games. Overall a nice fitting a comfortable gloves

10/10

Weight - They are not the lightest glove on the market, but they are pretty light to the effect that I do not notice them on my hand when I play

10/10

Mobility - The short cuff and flex thumb make this a very mobile glove in my opinion. One of my strong suits is stick handling and with my Dolomites, I would have some interference from the gloves with some stickhandling. With these, none whatsoever.

10/10

Break-in - Very quick and effortless. Felt ready to go from the store

10/10

Protection - Never was hurt in my hands with these gloves. 4 Roll design with plastic inserts everywhere ensure maximum protection and I can attest to it.

10/10

Durability - These have held up very well. I take care of my gear and it has shown No holes in the palm and no areas of significant wear really at all. I love the feel of the palm on these gloves and the fact that it has held up in one piece is a huge plus. Some stitching has frayed but that is from normal use and not quality issues. Very satisfied with how these have held up

10/10

Final Score: 10/10