Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

odp

Wheel Wear question

I was playing pickup with my buddies the other day (outdoor on a tennis court) and one of them is constantly killing wheels - whether it's wearing them away to nothingness or having them chunk and fall apart unbelievably quickly.

Not being engineers or guys with a ton of physics backgrounds, we guessed the reason was him usually skating on 3 wheels on each skate and only inserting new ones when the old ones broke, to ration them, was causing additional stress on each wheel and premature wear.

Anybody else have the same experience?

He's a skinny guy (~160lbs) and half were the stock wheels from an A50. Not sure what the other ones were.

i am 5'10" 150lbs i experience the samething. Does he rotate his wheels after each use on the courts? Its something he should do because those courts eat wheels. To conserve wheels I don't change mine out untill im skateing on the plastic or they chunked to the point where I can feel a bump in my skate. When I play I bring a bag of wheels must have at least 50 in there with bearings and extra screws and bults just so I can change them out.