Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go Pio's

Blade Patterns

I want a thornton curve in a different brand but nothing ive seen i like. any suggestions? I dont really like the CCM sticks. the only one i did like was the vector120 grip with the grip torn off of it.

I love the Thornton curve too, and like you aren't all that keen on CCM sticks. You should check out a Warrior Draper. It's not as deep as the Thornton but it looks pretty close. What about an Easton Gaborik?

Warrior Draper=Sakic=P92 etc.

I think there is a gap in the current offerings in two areas - square toes and low lies. There are very few square toed offerings and almost nothing with a lie that is truly under 5.

I see a ton of players with the tape worn off the heel and lots of passes shooting under the toes of blades. Whether these guys would buy a lower lie or even know why they should is another question, but make me a square toed, open faced, heel curve with a sub 5 lie and I'll buy 6-10 a year.

Thornton is really similar to the old Easton Yzerman pattern.

I have always been a CCM Thornton/RBK Amonte/Bergeron (clones of the Thornton) guy. But I just got a new TPS R6 Response Armor in the Afinogenov curve....and it is DAMN close to the Thornton. And personally...I like the feel of the TPS sticks better, and the availability of a whip flex is great for guys like me that are predominantly taking wristers and snap shots.

I think there is a gap in the current offerings in two areas - square toes and low lies. There are very few square toed offerings and almost nothing with a lie that is truly under 5.

I see a ton of players with the tape worn off the heel and lots of passes shooting under the toes of blades. Whether these guys would buy a lower lie or even know why they should is another question, but make me a square toed, open faced, heel curve with a sub 5 lie and I'll buy 6-10 a year.

+1 to lower lies.

Are any more of the Christian blades going to wood? I think a wood version of the Recchi and a heat gun would make a pretty evil curve.

I swear by the NBH P88

That's what I'm using now. I'm planning on grabbing one of the XXX Lite wood blades and twist that guy at the heel as well :angry:

Are any more of the Christian blades going to wood? I think a wood version of the Recchi and a heat gun would make a pretty evil curve.

We can do any pattern under the sun in wood. Since we have to limit the amount of wood SKU's we offer, we decided to stock our three best selling patterns (Modano/Forsberg, Iginla, Sakic). If somebody wanted a pattern #4 (Recchi), we would make one.

You know you can order custom wood blades from them, right?

Yeah but $200 is a lot of money. I was hoping I could get away with a single blade.

Besides, I've got to find a curve I want six of first!

Yeah but $200 is a lot of money. I was hoping I could get away with a single blade.

Besides, I've got to find a curve I want six of first!

So true. Forgot about minimum order... lol

I don't know I count as a "market" but if you'd go with the Sher-Wood Bourque pattern, you'd have me as a lifetime customer... but not necessarily anyone else.

i think harrow/christian would do well with offering different lies for the popular patterns. i often hear people complain they would try this pattern or that one if it was a different lie.

other than that i think the world needs more toe curves.

Go Pios

Conceivably I could order a Christian Pattern or Detroit Pattern then in wood without the custom order size?

Yes, the only catch is you would have to wait 2-3 weeks for the blades to be produced. In that case, we would waive the custom minimum because that is still a very strong selling blade for us and we can always use extras.

Concerning the drury blade, several members hinted towards its versatillity... For those who use/ have used the drury, what is ment by that?

Thanks,

Lester

Wondering the same thing myself...

I also use the Drury and I agree with the comment that it is a very versitile blade. The one downside is that it is very difficult pattern to get used to. What's nice about the Drury is that you can mix it up. If you want to send the puck high, you can. If you want to keep it low, you can. Because the back of the blade is so flat, it is easy to get a hard backhander off. When I stopped playing competitively, I lost my wrist shot (which used to be my strongest asset). The Drury seems to be the only blade that allows me to get my wrist shot back the way it used to be. I'm sure a lot of it is mental...

GP, you're saying you can order wood blades in "standard" curves without going custom? That'd be sweet...

Do I go through Christian directly or through a retailer?

GP, you're saying you can order wood blades in "standard" curves without going custom? That'd be sweet...

What exactly are you looking for and how many (i.e. three Recchi blades with a 7.5 lie)? Westwood Sports is probably your best bet.

What exactly are you looking for and how many (i.e. three Recchi blades with a 7.5 lie)? Westwood Sports is probably your best bet.

Just wanted to try out your standard Recchi and Iginla wood blades with tapered hosels.

Do all Westwood locations carry Christian? I live a few blocks from the Bloomington store but haven't seen any.

A lot of my friends loved the Yzerman/Gaborik, they switched to the thornton since they dont make them anymore but they dont like as much. So id say an Yzerman pattern would be a good seller.

I'd argue Coffey due to the lower lie.

Coffey is the most popular curve for wood stick buyers. I think if more ops had this curve, it would sell well too.