Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

A blow to the Oilers lineup

A friend of mine had this and had quite a bit of his intestine removed. It took him a while to even get back to normal life, let alone skating at a rec level.

A buddy of mine's kid has this issue. Definitely not fun.

Sidenote: Pisani is the poster child for overrated. One overachieving playoff run and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread.

oh man i'm a huge oilers fan and i sure hope he gets better even if he can't play another game in his life. from the oilers side this just turned what will be a bad season into a ugly one.

Damn this sure puts a damper in the Oilers plans. Since most of their fans have become the most cocky in the league for their GMs terrible desperation moves. This is a positive though, he'll be on the medical reserve so they can replace his wasted salary on another player.

Him being seriously ill is a positive? I wish you actually lived in a communist country so you weren't able to speak freely and come off like such an idiot, like you do around here.

kosydar, give him the benefit of the doubt. If you can find a silver lining in this situation, it is that the Oilers can use the cap dollars they had committed to Pisani on another player. And I think that is what Dats was trying to say.

Well I say it's time for Robbie Shremp to take that spot...

Has he finally figured out how to do something productive with the puck actually ON the ice?

kosydar, give him the benefit of the doubt. If you can find a silver lining in this situation, it is that the Oilers can use the cap dollars they had committed to Pisani on another player. And I think that is what Dats was trying to say.

There isn't a silver lining for Kosydor, the guy is just a moron. Of course its a positive, the guy is by no means living up to his terrible contract. I only wish Draper would experience something similar. Hockey is a business, losing your least productive most overpaid employee isn't a plus? Oh right, lets sensationalize this into something its not. Cue up the Fox News Alert sound fx... :rolleyes:

"Datsyukian deek hates freedom and wishes disease on everyone". Mook

There isn't a silver lining for Kosydor, the guy is just a moron. Of course its a positive, the guy is by no means living up to his terrible contract. I only wish Draper would experience something similar. Hockey is a business, losing your least productive most overpaid employee isn't a plus? Oh right, lets sensationalize this into something its not. Cue up the Fox News Alert sound fx... :rolleyes:

"Datsyukian deek hates freedom and wishes disease on everyone". Mook

Actually we'll just cue up the warn-o-matic for insulting Kosy and since that puts you up to 100% on your warning level, you also get suspended until further notice.

Sidenote: Pisani is the poster child for overrated. One overachieving playoff run and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread.

QFT.

They thought after '06 playoffs that he was going to have a great regular season, but the whole team flopped.

Still, I hope he gets better -- any diseased player is a bad situation, no matter how good they are. It's important to remember that they're NHLers and they could beat the pants off of all of us with one hand tied behind their back and an aluminum shaft.

Has he finally figured out how to do something productive with the puck actually ON the ice?

Was he actualy getting decent icetime in Wilkes-Barre, or were the Penguins just stuffing him down the same hole as Devan Dubnyk and the rest of the Oilers' prospects?

Was he actualy getting decent icetime in Wilkes-Barre, or were the Penguins just stuffing him down the same hole as Devan Dubnyk and the rest of the Oilers' prospects?

i'm sure he got his chances and anyone who doesn't think so only needs to look at how well pouliot did. If this were an EA game schremp would get 100 in stick handling but 50 in skating and that is why this guy can't play at the nhl level. no miracles are going to happen and this guy isn't a 3rd or 4th line player. so i say move aside schremp and say hello to cogliano, o'marra, nilsson and maybe even gagner with the way he is playing right now. schremp has mad skills alright but they are more fitted for the circus. <_<

I would wait on Gagner,, even though he's been playing great. Give him some time to get bigger and stronger. I could see him MAYBE coming up in Edmonton late in the year to get some NHL games in, but 2008-09 is what it's looking like right now.