Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeydevil11

Z-Air COMP vs Vapor XX

IM having a very hard time choosing between the two, and i need some help......... so please give me as much input as you can so i dont blow $400 on a skate that might be worse then the other.

Thanks

As everyone on Modsquad says, get the one that fits best :D

However, people have complained about the razor blades on Easton skates and the durability of Vapor XXs is horrible.

I just got the z-air comps and they are the best skate I have ever put on. The only problem is the razor blade holders, but I'm going to replace them with tuuks.

Quite honestly, if you aren't dying to get skates today, I would wait until the Synergy skate is released in the beginning of October. It will blow either one of those away in terms of weight, performance, and durability!

Is That it?.............And Im not in a rush but i do need them befor october. so those synergy skate are out of the question(it kinda sucks)

I've never tried the XX's but I've owned the Comp SE's for about a year now and I really like them. I played midget aa this year and was skating about 4 or 5 times a week, plus the outdoor rink, and the skates have held up great. The boot is as stiff as always, great support on the entire foot. The blades were much improved on this model than my old Z-airs so that was cool. They click every now and then but no major problems. The only thing that I really don't like is the tongue... it's just a little too bulky for my liking. If you get it in the right position it feels fine, but sometimes you just have to move it around a bit to make it feel good. I also skate in a pair of Graf 704's and the cut off the boot feels quite different, the graf feels like its pushing me forward a little bit more. All in all, I'm a big fan of these skates and I'm probly gonna keep buying Easton just because I'm used to the boot and feel of them. I wouldn't complain if i ever got a free pair of S500's or G35's though.

the se's are also on at hockeymonkey or hockeygiant for something like $98.88 arent they? I think that's a pretty wicked deal.

the se's are also on at hockeymonkey or hockeygiant for something like $98.88 arent they? I think that's a pretty wicked deal.

If you wear size 13EEEE

Actually, last time I checked they had only 11s or 12s (or something like that)

The rink dsown the street from me just started carrying XX's. Cost? A measly $489.99US

I haven't heard anything about the eastons, but I use the Vapor XX's and LOVE them. They are the best skates I have ever used and no skate has ever been more comfortable. My foot is very narrow though. The performance of the XX's is incredible in my opinion, I don't know about the durability problems yet, I have had mine for about 2 months now and still look brand new. The only problem is that the stiffness is well not very stiff anymore. No problem, becuase I like to tie my skates tight anyways. So if your looking for performance, I suggest the XX's but have never used Easton skates so I don't really know. To make a long story short, I suggest the Vapor XX's.

Your Razor Bladz should be just fine. I suggest you try them out, I think you'll really like them. They have a great feel to them and you can really feel the ice well.

the only problem with my razor blades was that i had to sharpen them every two the 3 saktes because of the crappy steel. i never broke one myself, but i have a few freinds that did. if you want the eastons, use the razor blades for a while, and if you dont like them, put on lightspeeds or tuuks, then you'll have the best of both worlds

i use and will continue using Vapor XX's until the XXX's come out.lol

I love them, if you're looking for a durable skate though, don't go for them. I've never been a fan of any Easton Skate. the comp se's are no exception.

For one, i like the Tuuk Lightspeed better(holder) better than the razorblade2.

Vapor's fit MY foot much better than the Eastons do, but that's just my foot, not yours too. But as far as performance goes, I choose the Vapor XXs.