Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cds

Mission Pure Fly

I'm looking into getting a pair of these just to play some intramural at university, and maybe a little beer league as well. Before I throw down the $, I just wanted to see if I could get some opinions/experiences with these. (yes, I have used the Search function) Thanks.

excellent skates, especially considering the cost. If I didn't get a great deal on the S500 I would have gone with the pure fly. As long as you don't like a very stiff skate you will be fine.

I have a question about the fit of these skates. I am currently wearing wide 609's, I've worn EE Eastons and Mission Black Flies. Is the fit of the pure flies the same as the black flies? I've had problems with the EE fit on the V-12s (actually HiHo's) and am a little worried in purchasing skates since then because the problem became evident well after the purchase. They felt great in the store.

It is more how they are cut than the stiffness. They are stiff skates around the foot, you just have a lot of ankle mobility.

I prefer the mobility of the Pure line. I can't compare them to the Amp fly, I never wore them. The S500s fit similarly to the Vapor EE to me.

Just out of curiousity, are these skates reasonably light when compared to the newer models of skates, or do they feel like bricks compared to XX, Vector Pro, etc. By no means will I be able to tell the difference, as I haven't played any ice for over 6 years, but I was just wondering.

They're heavier than the models you listed but weight has never made a difference to me.

Cool. I'm not actually too concerned about the weight. Just looking for a solid pair of skates at a decent price point.

Arch is pretty flat in mine I think. Coming from CCM anyways. I had to put my old CCM footbeds in for arch support, and it made a huge difference.

Arch is pretty flat in mine I think. Coming from CCM anyways. I had to put my old CCM footbeds in for arch support, and it made a huge difference.

I thought the same thing coming from CCMs.

i have a pair of pure flys, and i love them, they are comfy and fairly lite. and you cant beat the price right now at hockey giant so i would go and get some if i were you, just make sure you try them on and make sure they fit your foot correctly as said before.

I went from Amp Flys to Pure Flys, (2002 models). I found them to be fairly similar in fit except the Pure Flys have more of a forward last.

Awesome skates!